Monday, November 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday - November 8th

Finally, a weekend at home!  October was really busy, so it was nice this weekend to be able to get caught up on some household chores, plus get back into my sewing room.  The 2008 BOM top, back and batting is all boxed ready to be sent out for quilting, so that's off the design wall. 

Progress on the purple and yellow scrap quilt has been slow since I haven't been sewing much (this is my "leaders and enders" project). I've been playing with the layout a bit.   It's been fun to see this quilt come together. 


There is something new up on the design wall this week. The first block in the Layer Cake Quilt Along over at Moose on the Porch Quilts was completed.  The layer cake I'm using for this project doesn't really have any lights, it's all mediums and darks. So I ended up just using my "background" fabric to make this block.  I like how it came out, but it definitely doesn't follow the color placement used by the block designer (Gene Black).   


I also  cut the fabric for the October and November blocks for the Seeing Star BOM, but didn't get much farther than that this weekend.  

So that's it for my design wall.  What's up on yours?  Go over to Judy's Patchwork Times to post yours and check out the other design walls. 


10 comments:

Kathie said...

You have made great progress on that quilt, love love love the colors.

I am not a green person but like your green star block, I guess it is the combination of the different greens that makes a non green person like it.

Chris said...

I love the way your block turned out. The placement of the white gives it a whole different look. I have having such fun seeing all the blocks.

Love your leader and ender quilt!

Nina Marie said...

One thing that I would suggest when you start playing with a layout of a quilt is to record each trial with a digital pic. That way you can step back and look at them on the puter and it will be easier to see which you like back. LOVE the yellow and purple!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I really like the way the colors are falling on the yello and purple
glen

AnnieO said...

Riot of color on your design wall! Fun, fun fun.

Denise :) said...

Purple and yellow together are my favorite! Love your green star, too! :)

Shay said...

Great progress on the purple and yellow quilt. It's looking pretty!

Gotta say - not a fan of green generally but I love the Layer cake block too!

Gari in AL said...

I always like seeing the same block with different fabrics, they always look so different. And I still am in love with your purple and yellow quilt.

Diane said...

really like the purple/yellow and your Layercake fabrics too

amy said...

I like the fabrics you're working with, beautiful!