Vacation was a lot of fun, but it was nice to get home and get back into our normal routine. I've not had a lot of time in the sewing room since we've been back, but I've managed to get a few things moving. The cutting table was covered with stacks of fabrics while I was selecting what to use for the Magnolia Mystery quilt that starts next month over at Meadow Mist Designs. Here's what came out of that:
There's an orange in the stash that may get subbed in for the green. I'm still undecided about those two, either would work fine. This is going to be one bright quilt. I'm going controlled scrappy with fabric C as I don't have any yardage that is the deep red-violet. The white floral print is going to be the background. There will be a lot of it in this quilt, Cheryl tends toward the modern end of the spectrum with her quilt designs. I'll be interested to see how these choices work out.
Since all the fabrics were out on the cutting table anyway, I started looking for the sashing and border fabrics to use for the Scrappy Coffee Cup blocks. According to My Guy and Drama Teen this combo is a winner.
This wouldn't have been my first choice, I'm a big fan of blue. But since this is intended to be My Guy's cuddle quilt and he's a fan of green, I'm going with his choice. My One Monthly Goal for July was to figure out the final setting for this quilt, looks like I'm actually going to start on the assembly process before we get to the end of the month. Which is a good thing, there are 18 UFOs on my uncompleted list. Scrappy Coffee Cups is one of the oldest.
Also on the agenda for today is some slow stitching on the binding for the last Meadow Mist Mystery quilt.
Two sides stitched, two to go. Not sure I'll get it done today, but definitely sometime this week. The goal is to get this one done before I start on this year's mystery.
It's a good thing I'm pulling fabrics for new projects, I really need to start using rather than adding. Yep, I'm guilty of supporting the local quilt shop again. Here's the damage.
Used last week: 0.33 yards
Used year to date: 39.12 yards
Added year to date: 220.30 yards
Net added year to date: 181.18 yards
I added a few fat quarter's to freshen up my red, white and blue 1930's stash.
I've been trying to reduce the number of these fabrics, but sometimes you have to buy a little to use others up.
Between the embroidery work I took on vacation and time spent in the sewing room since I got home, there were 7 days of stitching the last week. That means there's been stitching time 180 out of the 196 days so far this year. A 91.8% average. I'll definitely take that.
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday and Quiltpaintcreate for the Stash Report.