The science demos are over, thankfully! I'm still pretty wrung out from 4 hours of assisting with demos and then take down. We didn't get done till about 7 PM on Thursday. Yesterday was clean up day at work, so lots of moving stuff and cleaning in the labs. Let's just say I got more than my minimum of steps in both days. Unfortunately my plantar fasciitis kicked in big time, so that means staying off my feet for a couple of days till the inflammation goes down. So no prom dress shopping this weekend. Drama Teen is OK with that, she's a bit wrung out from mid terms and said she wanted to sleep in today.
It was another busy week, so not much sewing in the evenings. I did make some progress on finishing off the 4 smaller aqua fans.
One is done, two more are in various stages of assembly. I haven't cut the fabrics for the fourth one yet. On my too tired to stitch evening, I started looking for my red scraps. I'm become such a fan of the starburst layout that I changed the layout for the quilt these blocks go into. The new layout needs 16 small red fans. I always seem to be deficient in red. But then remembered there are 2" and 1.5" strips in the pre-cut strip drawer and added those to the mix.
There's a larger variety of reds in the stash than I thought. Surely I can get 16 blocks out of all of this. Repeating fabrics is OK as only 4 blocks will be right next to each other. Next step is to assign a pair of fabrics for each block. Hopefully I'll have some red blocks to show off next week.
Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at Soscrappy on Saturday. Then for Oh Scrap over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework on Sunday.