Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January One Monthly Goal - The March to Graduation Finishes

It wasn't hard to decide what project to do for January's One Monthly Goal. 


Elm Street Quilts


The question was how much to try to get done?  I do not like to over commit on my projects, but considering that May is only 5 months away now and I have three quilts to finish by the middle of that month, pushing now is necessary in order to be ready for graduation.  So the plan is to get Bejeweled from where it is now,



to being shipped out the door for quilting.  There's only two columns of blocks left to be sewn together before the center of the quilt is assembled.  That leaves the top and bottom inner border and a final border to be cut and sewn on.  The backing will be scrappy left overs of the fabrics used in the blocks.  That will have to be assembled as well.  But I think it's all doable, January is a long month and other than DT's birthday, there's nothing likely to pull me out of the sewing room for a weekend.  

Bejeweled is number 1 on the quilt plan for this year, but I'm substituting it for my number 3 quilt for the purposes of Patchwork Times UFO-2017 Challenge.  I need to start and finish quilt #3, which is the First Amendment Quilt by May too, but it's just seems smarter to finish Bejeweled first as it's the closest to being done.  

Linking up with:
One Monthly Goal
Let's Bee Social
Needle and Thread Thrusday

24 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Great plan! I find finishing what's closer to being done gives such a great sense of accomplishment that it spurs me to keep moving on the next project.

Patty said...

Getting it done is a real good goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Lovely colours in Bejewelled, maybe I should get back to a monthly goal instead of being a butterfly.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh how I love this quilt and the colors you chose for it. Good luck meeting your goal.

Jayne said...

The colors are amazing! You got this! Once you get one done...the rest will happen!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a pretty quilt! You can do it! Wishing you lots of stitching time this month!

Monica said...

That's a pretty quilt, and your January goal sounds reasonable to me! Best of luck!

Tine said...

What a beautiful quilt. Good for you for setting a monthly quilting goal! I'm not quite ready for that kind of commitment.... maybe when I hopefully get a bit more organized. Life seems to get in the way of my plans all the time!

Barbara said...

It's coming along...can't wait to see it finished. This is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

The colors of your quilt are so soothing! So beautiful! http://quiltlovefordomesticfelicity.blogspot.com/

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You can do it kate!!! Like you, it's nice to have a quiet January ahead.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love this quilt and your fabrics and colors are so well chosen to make this pattern shine.

Jen said...

When I know I have multiple things on deadlines, I will often take the one that is closest to being finished first. I think the feeling helps motivate through the next one. It is a beautiful quilt. I love the colors!

newsurfiegirl said...

Wow it sounds like you are in for a busy start to the year. Good luck getting it all done.

Kathy E. said...

Bejeweled is a beauty! You'll be so happy to cross one off your list...it's always a great feeling. Enjoy the finish!

Lorinda Davis said...

It's beautiful! Best of luck getting all those projects done!

Kalicocreations said...

I am sure that you can get it finished! Looking forward to seeing it all put together.
Terry

AnnieO said...

I almost swapped out too, but decided to just let it be--none of my quilts are specifically for anyone! Good luck on getting all the necessary steps done and get the quilt out the door!

thea said...

Looking good. I'm sure you'll get it done in time.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You go girl! :)

Sandra Walker said...

Great choice! I just love these colours. Best of luck--I gave my daughter her grad quilt just this past September and she graduated from university the previous May, like over a year ago May! gulp. All good though.

Edith said...

Lovely quilt and goal Kate.

scraphappy said...

Good luck with your goal. It will be a beautiful quilt soon.

Preeti said...

This is lovely!!! How do you keep the long rows straight when stitching the top together?
I am rooting for you.
Hugs,
Preeti.