Used last week: 0.90 yards
Used in July: 1.94 yards
Used in August: 0 yards
Used year to date: 18.29 yards
Purchased year to date: 10.25 yards
Net used for 2015: 8.04 yards
I was looking back at my progress this year and remembered that back on February 1st, I posted these photos of all the yardage that's tied up in my UFOs and WIPs.
Pretty much the same fabrics, though fabrics have been added to the stack for the Midnight Mystery quilt and the backing For Grand Illusion. So if you look closely, the stack has actually grown an inch since February.
I'm not sure that's so bad, it means that at some point the fabric will go out of the stash as it has a designated place to go. As of this morning the stack is already a little lower because I've started cutting out the back for Grand Illusion. I've only pulled one fabric out of the stack since February and that was the black background fabric I used for Flame Test. But I have been cutting from other fabrics in the stack. If you take off the backing fabric for Grand Illusion that I added on Friday, it looks like the stack has dropped by about 0.5 inch so far this year. It's not really a great measure of fabric out because any left overs go back into the stash, but is another way to assess progress on the 20 plus UFOs and WIPs in progress.
You can check out other stash reports over at Patchwork Times.