Monday, August 18, 2014

Design Wall Monday - UFO Progress

It's so hard to head off to work after such a nice relaxing weekend.  Once the necessary chores were done, I was able to spend two solid afternoons in the sewing room.  In addition to sewing, there was some scrap cutting and fabric organization going on as well.  I've still got a long way to go on the organization, but doing a bit every time I'm in the sewing room is starting to make a difference.  

Last weekend my oldest UFO was moved out of it's box and back on to the design wall.  Some time was spent during the week rearranging the blocks, taking some out, putting others in till the final layout looked balanced.  The original pattern called for neutral setting triangles, but none of the fabrics used for the star backgrounds seemed to work.   After looking at how much fabric was left, I decided that the red border fabric would also work as setting triangles. 



Pattern is Folk Art Christmas Stars
by Robyn Pandolph


I'm really happy with how it's coming together. 

That's it for my design wall this week.  See more design walls over at Judy's Patchwork Times.   

11 comments:

Jo said...

I like the look of the blocks on point. Well done

Gina said...

It's lovely xx

Nann said...

The red print is an excellent choice for the setting triangles. By using it the tan/beige stars pop. Isn't it interesting how a project you get stuck on, often to the point of languishing in the UFO box for a long time, turns out to be not-so-hard after all?

Chantal said...

Love that one. Great choice of fabric if you ask me.

Shay said...

Really liking the colours in this quilt!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh I hear ya girl. (Although I admittably was a little excited to return to a new school year today!) But ya....soon MOnday's will be tough esp after such a productive weekend!

AnnieO said...

Exciting to move ahead so quickly! It looks vibrant and lovely

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Good choice to use the red print for the setting triangles.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE that!! I like the reds in the setting triangles... Great job ( Don't go to work... it's overrated lol)

seabreezequilts said...

Lovely quilt, you really must finish it. Says me with I don't know how many UFO's.

Julie in GA said...

Your stars look great, and I love that red fabric for the setting triangles!