Monday, August 25, 2014

Design Wall Monday - A little Progress

Traffic was horrible yesterday.  Add in the fact that the car's air conditioner couldn't really overcome the high temps, it was a miserable drive home.  We were all hot, tired and cranky when we finally did get home.  Temps are projected to be over 100 F (38 C) till next weekend.  We've gotten off easy this year with a pretty cool summer up until the last week or so.  Even so, I'm ready for it to cool down just a bit.  

Not much stitching this weekend as we spent it with family and for some reason it seems like there was a lot going on in the evenings last week.  That translates to not a lot of progress in getting Scrappy Stars sewn together. 

Pattern is Folk Art Christmas Stars
by Robyn Pandolph

The other design wall is completely empty, which is not typical.  My Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler blocks had been up there, but I finally reached the point where there were too many blocks for all of them to fit up there.   Maybe it's time to get something new going?   I've not started anything new since February.  A quick stop was made at one of the quilt shops before we drove home yesterday and I have now have all the fabric to start Bright Butterflies. 

Modified from Bird Watching
by Wendy Sheppard
 published in July/August  2014 issue of McCall's Quilting

I'm looking forward to starting this project.  

That's it for me this week.  Check out all the other fun and cool design walls posted over at Patchwork Times.  

8 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your star quilt is lovely. I can't wait to see it finished. What a lovely Christmas quilt!

Larri said...

Ooh! Hoping the temps cool down quickly for you. I remember those scorching summers...sizzle, sizzle!

The scrappy stars is going to be a great finish.

Cannot wait to see what you do with the Wendy Sheppard pattern! With your eye for fabrics and her initial design, it's going to be one gorgeous quilt.

Happy Sewing! :)

Libby in TN said...

OMG, Scrappy Stars is stunning! I love simple done in dazzling fabrics.

Ramona said...

Love your scrappy stars! Great fabric choices.

AnnieO said...

You're getting close to a flimsy! Sorry about the weather. We are stuck in hot and humid too, and now two hurricanes in the Pacific bringing more of the same. Love your butterfly print plan. Very pretty!

seabreezequilts said...

Yuck don't like that type of heat many days all in a row just don't let up. Spring has hit early here and we have a week a beautiful weather forecast.

Shay said...

Bright Butterflies is going to be fabulous. I really love all those colours and your butterflies look like they are flying!

I could do with some heat about now- the sun has made some appearances this week so no doubt give it a couple of months and I'll be whinging about how hot I am ....

Julie in GA said...

Your Scrappy Stars look beautiful together, and I can't wait to see the butterfly quilt.