Sunday, March 3, 2013

Stash Report - Week 9

The work week was crazy, but the weekend has been a slow one.  Even better, Drama Teen seems to be on mend.  If they had not had a snow day on Tuesday, she would not have missed a day of school. That would be a first since the end of January.  She's been having a lot of problems with respiratory issues since she's had the flu.  My Guy is home after being on the road for most of last week.  The project he was working on is done, so he should be home for a while. 

After such a crazy work week, I decided Saturday was really a day of rest and didn't do much around the house.  I did spend a lot of time in the sewing room.  I can't say fabric is flying into projects, but I've definitely been using more than usual.  Which is good because I pushed a few buttons this week.  I fell in love with a new fabric line over at Connecting Threads.  


I may have plans for this fabric.  I have a friend who is probably going to retire this year and this fabric fits her to a T.  So I'm going to play around in EQ see if I can come up with something for her.  

So here's the damage:

Used last week:  1.88 yards
Added last week:  17 yards

Used for 2013:  13.97 yards
Added for 2013:  20.75 yards

Net stashed for 2013: 6.78 yards

I'm not so far in the hole at this point, that making a single quilt back won't get me out of it.  I'm on border 4 of 6 for the Sofa Quilt, so a pieced back should be in my future.   

I definitely did my part for the economy this week.  Check out the links over at Patchwork Times for more indicators on the economic health of the fabric industry.  

9 comments:

Norece said...

I know you friend is going to love her quilt - the fabrics are very soothing. Glad to hear DT is feeling better.

Deb said...

Your friend will love it! I admit I got a crush on the new line also and ordered some up. It will be here this coming week.

Beth in MN said...

Those fabrics look great. It seems like there are not always a lot of gray fabrics on the market.
Hopefully DT stays feeling better.

Katie Z. said...

Your fabrics are yummy!

I hoepe this week is a little calmer!

thea said...

very nice fabric. You certainly bought a bundle this week.

Shay said...

Your week and weekend sound exactly like mine Kate. I was so glad when last Friday night arrived I sent up a silent cheer. The weekend , although full of not much seemed to go by far too quickly.

I did some damage to my savings account this past weekend , and that included buying some fabric. I think we all need to have a splurge every now and then. You’re doing a great job of keeping those figures close to neutral this year!

Denise :) said...

I'm going to have to add over six yards -- none of which I purchased -- for this past week. LOL! No matter that I'm not buying, it's still growing!! :)

Chris said...

Looking at your stash report each week encouraged me to create a spreadsheet of my stash in/out. Who knows where the year will end up. Last year I think I was WAY in the red.

Lynne said...

Glad DT is on the mend. Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric!