Monday, February 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Feb 25th

It was a nice, relaxing weekend.  Drama Teen was much improved on Sunday, she's had a cold since Friday.  She still has a nasty sounding cough, but she was a lot more lively yesterday.  She's hoping that this is the last thing she can catch for a while.  

Most of Sunday was spent in the sewing room.  One of the goals this weekend was to get the binding made and sewn onto Evening Star.


I did get that far.  Trudy Lindemann did the quilting and it's gorgeous. More on that when the binding is done.  

Borders 1 and most of 2 were added to The Sofa Quilt. 

The Sofa Quilt
Pattern is Nicole's Sofa Quilt by Judy Laquidara
(available here)

The farther along this one gets, the more I like it.  So just 4.25 borders more before it's a finished flimsy.

Mon Ami has been a leaders and enders project for most of February.  A couple more blocks have been finished.    

Quilt of Valor
Modified from Mon Ami
by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company

Whoops, I didn't notice that I had that first blue block in the third row turned wrong.  I'll have to watch that when I start sewing these together.  That may be a while, I've got deadlines on several other quilts, so this one isn't taking priority at that moment.  

So that's what is up on my design wall this week.  See what else is in progress over at Judy's Patchwork Times.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're working on some lovely projects. :)

-Bobbi

LuAnn said...

Your Sofa Quilt is just striking! Beautiful.

Kate said...

I think the fourth block in row one is also turned wrong. Tricky little pattern to keep track of! I love the Sofa Quilt - the borders are definitely adding a nice finishing touch!

AnnieO said...

Almost finished with that binding!

The sofa quilt looks really great. Judy does like a lot of borders on her designs :)

More stars appearing, that's a good thing!

Shay said...

You're racing towards a finish there Kate. Binding on means almost done!

Chris said...

The sofa quilt is gorgeous. Your fabrics are perfect.

Marg said...

Great to see you are up to binding on to Evening Star, almost finished yay.
Every time I see the Sofa quilt it just blows me away, it;s gorgeous.

Mary said...

The stars with the hourglass setting behind them is very neat. Great almost finish on your sofa quilt. I love the quilted feathers, can't wait to see the whole thing.

thea said...

I'm a big fan of blue so I love both of these quilts.