Tuesday, October 23, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - October 23rd

Thankfully, Monday turned out to be survivable, barely.  Coming back to work after a long weekend, especially when I took off when few others did, often feels like a Monday squared.  There are calls to return, emails to answer and most of all trying to figure out what I was doing before the days off and pick up there.  Our girl's weekend must have been good for me, because even with such a hectic day, I still found the energy to sew for about an hour last night. 

Last night's effort brought my total days with at least 15 minutes devoted to sewing to 4 for the week.


Wednesday was spent catching up on laundry and packing for our girl's weekend.  Thursday was spent driving and getting settled in our condo.  I just never found a few minutes to sit down and stitch.  Same on Friday as we spent it seeing as much as we could and got back late enough that all I wanted to do was go to bed.  By Saturday we were all tired, so we made it an early day and we spent Saturday evening gathered around the kitchen table talking and laughing.  I was able to get quite a bit of embroidery done that evening.  So overall, 4 out of 7 isn't bad. 

Only one more Tuesday in October.  I'm always amazed at how fast the year seems to have gone by and know that the next 2 months will go even faster as we are all busier.  Thankfully, I've not committed to having any quilts ready for Christmas gifts, though I'm playing with the idea of making a few bags as gifts.  My Guy and Drama Teen have expressed interest in customized Nook covers.  So I'll be finalizing my Christmas sewing plans in the next week.  How about you?    Do you have your sewing priorities all figured out for the rest of the year? 

How did you do last week on finding some time here and there to sew/knit/craft?  Here's Mr. Linky, please share the ebb and flow of your creative juices. 



1. Thea
2. libbyQ
3. Lesley
4. Kate
5. Amanda
6. Gayle Bong
7. Kristin

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

I have my priorities worked out and even spent most of the day in the sewing room! I can feel a blog post coming on!

Glad you felt refreshed after your long weekend away!

thea said...

I must confess to another bust this week, I'll link up anyway .. just for a laugh. You had a great week considering you had a girls' weekend thrown in there too!

libbyquilter said...

great week and i LOVE your cute report card this week~!

i think that the best part of your weekend sounded like the saturday evening that you found time to talk and laugh together.

:-)
libbyQ

lesleyworth said...

glad to here you had a fun girl's weekend! I'm not finalizing any kind of list to close out the year...have some gifts to make, but I'm very scattered these days (maybe it's fall fever or something!).

Shay said...

Your girls weekend sounds like it was just what you needed.

Im taking it very easy this year. No sewing for gifts and a nice easy Christmas. I say that every year but this year Im going to make it happen.

Covers for e readers sound like a great gift !

seabreezequilts said...

I have plans just don't know when they are going to be fitted in between now and xmas. Nothing like a weekend away to reenergise you

Gayle Bong said...

Lucky you to enjoy the time with the girls. I guess I did as well as I traveled to KY to visit a guild, presenting lecture and two workshops. Not complaining, but it does cut into my own sewing time.
Thanks for the suggestion to prioritize my sewing till the end of the year. I guess I have quilts to load on the longarm.

Kristin said...

I love the concept of 15 minute blocks of time. Even I could do that....I spent Sunday morning thinking up a list of gift ideas for family and friends. Now I gotta get sewing...

I posted a tutorial for iPad cover but would convert to ereader very easily.

Your girls weekend sounds fun!