Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday - March 7, 2011

It was a great weekend, a little laundry, a little housework and a little sewing all got accomplished.  Actually, quite a bit of sewing got done this weekend, but there is not much up on my design wall to show for it.   

Block 12 from the Buck-a-Block BOM is done.  Now I have to decide on a final layout before I can finish up this quilt. 


Also finished Block 9 of the Layer Cake Quilt Along.


I spent a lot of sewing time putting away left over yardage and cutting up the fabric scraps for the 2008 BOM quilt, which I finished binding last weekend.  I did also manage to find enough carpet space to lay out the quilt to take it's "finished" picture.



I'm not really into pink, but I like this quilt.  It does look a bit old fashioned with it's faded pinks and greens. Trudy Lindemann did the quilting.  I love the swirly look of the loops and feathers, it really fits the quilt.  



So this quilt project is now all done.  The label is on, the quilt is folded up and stacked in the closet till I figure out where it's going.  


That's it for me this week.  Check out Patchwork Times to see what other cool projects are in the works.    

14 comments:

Shay said...

Looks like you;ve been busy Kate! I love the finished quilt. It looks very oldy worldy and antique. I bow down to your fabulous labels making prowess also.

And you're rocking the blocks gal!

Looks like it was a very creative week!

JudyCinNC said...

Very, very "heirloom" looking - I love the finish - beautiful quilt. Judy C www.shadetreequilting.com

Tamera said...

Very beautiful quilt!

Kathie said...

the pink quilt does look old fashioned or vintage, very pretty. Nice you got so much done over the weekend. Just organizing and cutting up scraps takes forever.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Very nice. Thank you for the close up of your quilting. Great job.

Vicki H. said...

I love the quilt too, it has a French feel to me. I think your blocks are great!! Samplers are my favorites, you can not be bored.

Chris said...

I love the quilt. I really like pink in clothes, but don't do a lot with it in quilts. I tend to use a lot of browns (for some reason). Love your LC block.

Marti said...

You sound so organized! I love your BOM quilt. It looks so regal. I like the dusty colors though.

happydaysquilting said...

Fabulous pink quilt, I love it,its timeless not old fashioned!

debi said...

Beautiful quilts - beautiful pansies in your header - just like Flower Show II by Benartex - just love it.

Barb in Mi said...

Beuatiful quilt! And you have been on a block sewing spree... nice!

SpinningStar said...

Great looking quilt - sometimes someting different is fun to do. Liz

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on your beautiful finished quilt!
I was fascinated by your block 9...it's such a neat layout and I had to really check it out to see why it looks so different from mine!

AnnieO said...

Just lovely, Kate! I like your label so much--I am so NOT a good labeler. Congrats on a finished quilt to snuggle under or just fold lovingly and gaze at!