Tuesday, March 8, 2011

15 Minute Challenge - Weekly Update 3/8

In mid February, I started challenging myself to get into the sewing room for at least 15 minutes every day.  For 12 days, I made the extra effort and then reported my success on the blog the next morning.  That extra effort made a big difference in getting at least one project finished, one almost ready for quilting and one set of blocks done ready to be set.  So I've decided to keep up the effort.

For me, reporting my success (or the threat of reporting lack thereof) is a big motivator as I have found with the Stash Report and Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times.  So starting this week, I'm going to write a weekly report on my "15 minutes".  Here's this week report.



I missed two days last week.  I really don't remember Thursday.  Friday we got an emergency call concerning Kiddo's school dance asking us to come help with the photography they needed for one of the contests they wanted to run.  We stayed to help clean up and it was after 11:00 when we got home.  No excuses, I just didn't realize we'd be gone the whole evening or I'd have tried to fit some time in before we left for the dance. 

How about you?  Interested in challenging yourself to spend some more time in your sewing room?  Do you have a project this week that needs to get done and you need some extra push to get in the groove?  I'm adding a Mr Linky.  If you want to challenge yourself to spend 15 minutes in your sewing room on a regular basis (it doesn't have to be every night, make your own rules).  Do it just for one week, for one month.  Write a post about your goals for spending time in your sewing room and then report on how well you did. 

1. annie aka rubyslipperz
2. JoEllen Cox
3. Lynelle Slade
4. 501quiltblocks
5. Angie in So CA
6. Jay
7. libbyQ

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Shay said...

I'm in. I'll start this week. I spent time in my sewing room last night and tonight so Im off to a flying start!

Good on ya Kate (thats aussie for well done !) for making time to do the things you love !

Chris said...

That's great. I did the same thing for a while but my work hours changed so I don't have time in the mornings anymore. I need to get motivated again :) I did work on my LC block last night tho.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I think this is an awesome idea! I used to do this and was very productive, but I tried to do 1 hour a day. It's amazing what you can get done when you make yourself sit at the machine and sew. :)

JoEllen said...

I started this this evening after I got off a 12 hour shift. Set the timer for 14 mins-timer rang but I wad in "the zone" so I kept on sewing! got two bindings sewn to 2 able runners! YAH!!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

I've been doing this for years! So I guess I'm in, too. Those 15 minutes are my sanity makers. I can't do without them. They calm me and bring me peace to a sometimes very hectic days.

Keep up the good work,

libbyquilter said...

oh boy, i'm waaay late to this party but it's just what i need to keep myself committed to a daily time in the studio~!

:-)
libbyQ

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

I'm super late to this linky party but I think its a FABULOUS idea!! Good for you for dedicating some time every day to sewing.

Quiltsmiles said...

I just put youpr widgit on my blog. This is a great motivator and I'd like to follow along. Jane