Tuesday, June 7, 2022

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 6/7/2022

The schedule has been mostly back to normal the last week. There have been a couple of late nights, not all because of my schedule. Even so, I've had a lot more time in the sewing room the last week than I was getting in April and May. That positively impacts the progress on the To Do List. 

To Do List for 5/31/2022

  • Unity: Press backing fabric, decide how to assemble - progress
  • Macaron Mystery: Start on first border ✔
  • Rhododendron: Make hourglass blocks as leaders and enders ✔
Two check marks and progress on the third, that's a good week. Especially considering that it's been taking me two weeks to make any progress on a to do list.  

This week's to do list will look pretty much the same as last week's. 

To Do List for 6/7/2022

Unity: Finish pressing backing fabric, cut panels, assemble



I have 12 yards of this backing fabric.  That's a lot to press and wrestle with at one time, so I decided to cut then press. It's just a lot easier to handle that way. Yes, I'll end up with more waste. The first panel produced a 5" strip that went into my scrappy strips. I'm OK with that.  The backing is going to be two 110" long, width of fabric strips joined together with a 10" strip in the middle to get the width needed.  Hopefully I'll get all the pressing and cutting done this week.  

Macaron Mystery: Continue adding borders



The first two border strips have been added to the sides. The top was remeasured last night, so I can cut the last two strips for the first border tonight.  

Rhododendron Mystery: Continue making hourglass blocks as leaders and enders.



I've got almost enough hourglass subunits to make the next B block. Progress has been slow, but with leaders and enders at least it's steady. 

That's my list for this week.  Linking up with the Texas Quilt Gal for To Do Tuesday.    

8 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sure it feels good for you to get back to a more normal routine again. Piecing backs is definitely something I don't enjoy doing, but sometimes it's just a necessity to get the look you want.

dq said...

Hi Kate. I like how you said "progress" instead of just marking it as not finished. It is a glass half full kind of theory which is so positive.
Glad you are finding time for your happy place.

Linda said...

That is pretty backing and how smart to cut then press. That is a lot of pressing - wish I could do it for you. I'm a weirdo because I love to iron. What pretty Macaron Mystery border fabric!
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

DawnyK said...

Anyone heard from Kate and family? 19-days is a long time without a post. Prayers for her and her family.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I’ve been concerned. Not hearing anything is troublesome.

Barbara said...

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. I know you’ve been very busy. Just checking in to say I hope all is well.

Juliana said...

It's been a while since you posted. I and I'm sure your other readers hope all is well with you.