Tuesday, March 8, 2022

PHD in 2022: February Progress

I'm a few days late on posting the progress on my PHD in 2022, so I won't be able to link up with Quilting Gail this month. But I still want to celebrate all the progress in February, especially since the last weekend was so chaotic and stressful.  I really need to celebrate something! 




So here's my report for February. 


No new starts, that's worth celebrating.  My Guy seems to have problems avoiding squirrels, so far I've done well at avoiding the quilty ones.  Even better, the report shows the first finish for 2022!  


Cabins and Fans (Fluorescence, self designed) is labeled and bound. I didn't get my glamour shots of the quilt till yesterday afternoon, I'll do a full post on the finish soon. 

Unity (Bonnie Hunter 2020 Quilt Along) is moving along slowly. 


Just three more stars left to finish off the last pieced border.  I'm hopeful of seeing this project reach completion this year. 

Macaron Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs 2021 Mystery Quilt along) has a few blocks finished.  


I'm really happy with all my fabric selections worked out.  These blocks go together fast since all the subunits are finished.  

Rhododendron Mystery (Bonnie Hunter 2021 Mystery Quilt Along) is moving along a lot slower. 



One block A and one block B were finished last month.  Those little hour glass blocks in block B take a bit to construct.  I think this one is going to be another slow moving project. That's OK, as long as it's progressing, I'll be happy. 

Potions (Flying Parrot Quilts) is zooming along. 



All that's missing for Potions to be a finished quilt top is the last border across the top.  That has since been added.  All the flask blocks were finished, the rows assembled and the sashing added last month.  This quilt has a May deadline, so I'm happy that this project has stayed on track. It should be ready to go out for quilting in a week or so.  

So one finish, no new starts and progress on four other projects on my PHD list for 2022.  Not a bad start to the year.   

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts are all looking great-

Juliana said...

Congratulations!! You have accomplished so much this month! I really enjoy seeing the side-by-side photos of how you are progressing. The Potions quilt is wonderful and is going to make such a great gift for your daughter's friend.

Barbara said...

It all looks wonderful. Looking forward to that Cabins and Fans glamour shot. It turned out beautifully.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It looks like great progress to me! Congratulations on the finish and I look forward to seeing more of Cabins and Fans in its separate post soon.

DawnyK said...

What great progress you've made. Great job sticking to your goals!

Jennifer said...

Great start to the year Kate - your cabins and fans quilt is just stunning! Congrats on lots of progress across several quilts.