Tuesday, January 19, 2021

To Do Tuesday for 1/19/2021

It's been cold and windy in my part of the world.  Great stay in your sewing room weather. I'd prefer to do that, but I still have to work to support my fabric habit. Even with a few longer work days last week, the to do list didn't get neglected.  

Weekly To Do List for 1/12/2021
  • Red, White & Blue Stars: Clean up and press quilt top
  • Grassy Creek: Continue to make subunits, blocks 
  • Morewood Mystery: Continue making block A 
  • Unity: Continue making HSTs for clue 6 
Four for four, so definitely not a bad week.  I've decided to focus on finishing off Grassy Creek, so this week's to do list won't look much different.  

Weekly To Do List for 1/19/2021

Red, White and Blue Stars:  Package and mail.



Finding just the right size box is always hard. This one is a bit too long, but it will do.  I just need to add a bit more packing material, write out the address label and tape it up.  That's the easy part, finding time to drop it off at the post office is the trickier part.  

Grassy Creek:  Finish making subparts, make blocks



All that's left of the block subparts is these 5 square in rectangle units.  There are 8 pieces to each subpart, so they don't go together fast, but they aren't too bad.  Since I'm so far along with the subunits, it just seemed wise to keep up the momentum and get this project into a finished quilt top rather than pull out an older UFO to add to the mix. 

Morewood Mystery:  Continue making block A

Morewood Mystery by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs


Since Grassy Creek has been taking up most of my stitching time, there's only one more Block A up on the design wall.  I have till the end of the month to finish constructing all of these.  These blocks should go faster once I've got all the subunits made for the other project.  

Unity: Continue making HSTs and blocks as leader and enders


I've got a good number of the pieces cut for the blocks, so this should be an easy leader and ender for quite a bit.  Once Grassy Creek is assembled, I think Unity will be the next focus project. I'd like to get it finished and off the design wall. The Morewood mystery wraps up in April. It would be nice to have all of last year's starts out for quilting by mid year. 

That's my list for this week. Linking up with Home Sewn by Us for To Do Tuesday

13 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Three mystery quilts at once? Wow! Looks like you're chipping away at em. Good luck on your list!

Sara said...

Work does get in the way of our sewing time doesn't it? You've made steady progress on the mysteries.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I still marvel at how much you accomplish each week even with a job. Please tell, how do you prep the back of your quilts? What do you do? What I’d better left alone? In the past, I didn’t bother. But I have a top and pieced back that I decided to clean up. I’d appreciate your tips.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Great work on some projects--steady always the race!!!
and darn that having to work, to make money, to spend money so you can have a good hobby!!!
luv, di

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great progress! Have fun with this week's list!

piecefulwendy said...

Look at all those checkmarks - yay! I am amazed at how you can keep three mysteries clipping along!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

All three of your current projects are such neat ones, Kate! No matter which one you decide to focus on, it will be a win-win situation!

Marti said...

Congratulations getting everything done last week. I've never noticed this before, but when seeing that block snapshot size on the Linky list, your Morewood Mystery block looks like a Christmas cracker.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Four checkmarks! Yippee skippy. Red/White/Blue stars is all ready to go?!! Yes to keeping Grassy Creek moving along. You are so close with all those sub-parts. It will be a quilt top in no time especially with all the attention it's been receiving. The Morewood blocks remind me of a twist-candy like Brach's butterscotch. I love your focused list for next week! Good luck with it and thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

Ivani said...

Great progress, Kate.
Good Lucky with this week's list!

Jennifer said...

Glad you were able to find time to make progress on all of your goals for the week - I am really loving the Morewood blocks...might have to dip my toe into that quilt!

Linda said...

You did really well on your list! Love the fabrics for your Morewood Mystery blocks.

dq said...

Grassy Creek in reds will be so pretty!