Sunday, June 7, 2020

Week 23 of 2020: Stitching Stuff

I'm writing this post in the new Blogger just to see how it works. So far so good.  I was able get the 15 Minutes to Stitch button in place.  And figured out how to get to the HTML view  to add the weekly link up.  So far so good.  The proof will be if everyone can link up to share how their stitchy week went. 


It was a so/so week for me.  Sinus headaches laid me low a couple of nights, so it wasn't a stellar week. 

15 minute days/week = 5/7 days
15 minute days/May = 25/31 days
15 minute days/June = 4/6 days
15 minute days/2020 = 140/158 days
Success rate = 88.61%

The goal for 2020 was to maintain a success rate over 85%. So far, so good on that effort.  Hopefully you did really well this week. Mr Linky is set up at the end of the post for you to share how your stitchy week went.  Fingers crossed it works with the new Blogger. 

Since the calendar has moved over to a new month. It's also time for a stash report. 

Fabric used in May = 2.93 yards
Fabric used year to date = 25.20 yards
Fabric in for 2020 = 7 yards
Net fabric used  = 18.20 yards

More out than in is always a good outcome on the stash management front. Linking up with Quiltpiantcreate for the stash report.  

I had two fun squishy packages show up this week. The first was from The Joyful Quilter's Barn Quilt mug rug from the Paula Budinger Creating a Quilty Legacy Blog Hop.  

 

The block really is square, it's just my wonky photography that makes it look like it's not.  The bold colors and strong graphics really work, it looks just like a barn quilt. Not sure where I'm going to use it as yet. Thank you Joyful!!

The second squishy package  was from Chris who blogs at Chrisknitssews.  



Inside was a lovely zippered pouch.  Thank you Chris!  It's almost too pretty to use. At the moment it's sitting on my sewing table where I can admire it. I've not decided on a use for it yet.  

Overall, it's been a good week. I'm hoping now that we seem to have reached full summer heat here, the sinus headaches will fade.  Fingers crossed on that front.  Please link up below and share how you've been doing on finding time to stitch.  



1. Meloney
2. Julie in GA
3. karen
4. Chrisknits
5. Sherrie
6. Loulee
7. Angie in SoCal
8. katie z.
9. Amanda
10. Quilting Gail
11. DawnyK
12. Deana

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Zipper pouches are great. I make and use them all the time. That one will be a joy to use.

Meloney said...

I was traveling this past week and am on the road again today. We have to go back to get our van fixed. :( That's the first time in many years that I have had car trouble on the road. But, everyone was safe and all was well.
I'm taking my sewing again, so I should have a good week there. Not so good at the organizing of things. I need to focus more when I return home.

chrisknits said...

So glad you love it! You will find a use for it.

Jennifer said...

It looks like everything works for the new blogger - I did my post that way too. Great gifts and hope you're feeling better.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great gifts...love pouches, you can put so much "stuff" in
them...hope you feel better soon. Have a great day!

loulee said...

Two lovely packages.
hope you have a healthier week this week.
I had another good week, with crating every day. I've given up on my 15 mins before work, it's cold and dark in my wee room that early in the day. BUTI make it my priority on getting home. Thats working well. Thank you for the encouragement.

Miaismine said...

I absolutely love your goal of 85%! Such a gentle, forgiving goal. Your pouch is awesome! My daughter makes me tons of pouches - and I love them. They are beautiful. Like you, I set them in my sewing room to admire them for a bit. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sandra Walker said...

Good for you on switching; I haven't tried it yet, but may with the very next post, which I'm hoping to dash off this evening to link up another H2H quilt for Sarah. Lovely block Joy! And Chris made such a gorgeous pouch! Good to have some cheer this year.

seabreezequilts said...

I think I've been using the new blogger for a while. It is a beautiful sunny day here and a holiday. Hope the pollen count goes down and the allergies stay under control for a bit.

DawnyK said...

Great stats. So great to receive fun things by other makers. Enjoy your new week!

dq said...

Awe, sweet of those ladies to gift you lovely things!

I am sorry you didn't feel completely up to par, but you didn't seem to let it stop you too badly.

Have a great week!