So my stitching time hasn't increased. Add in making a few face masks for family and friends means that time for project sewing has actually been lower this month. But there has been some progress with the PHD program.
Binding and label are done for the Winter Quilt Along project.
I've started stitching the binding to the front of the quilt. Just one side done as of tonight, but this part will go fast. It's the hand stitching to the back that's going to be a bit slow. But that's OK, I like the hand stitching part of the finish.
There's been progress on the last border for Mosaic Mystery.
The border strips are all sewn together. So now I can cut the strips to fit the two longest sides. I'm hoping to have a finished flimsy by the next PHD update.
There's been good progress on Frolic.
I need three more light blue blocks and I'll be ready to assemble the last 3 rows. I'm hoping to have all the rows together by the end of the month.
There's been a bit of progress on the Butterfly Medallion project.
The cross stitch is done in the top of the wing and I've started adding in the black out line and detail stitching.
That's all the progress towards the PHD in 2020.
I couldn't resist starting a new project. Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt along just looked like too much fun to pass up.
|Unity, Bonnie Hunter 2020 Social Distancing Quilt Along|
The black and yellow fabrics have been in the stash for a long time. The colors looked great in EQ, I hope the actual fabrics work equally as well in the final quilt.
So here's the PHD report as of today.
So one finish, but one new start. At least I'm breaking even on total number of projects. I'm moving along on several projects, so I'm hoping for a mass of finishes later this year.
Check out Quilting Gail to see how everyone else is progressing with their PHD programs.