Monday, September 16, 2019

Just Stitching Stuff

Weekends are just way too short and the weeks too busy at the moment.  But I did enjoy my afternoon/evening of stitching yesterday.  At least once I got over the nasty surprise that the thunderstorms passing through last Thursday took out my sewing room TV, which meant no watching the first race in the NASCAR playoffs.  (I did get to watch the race via the computer, after navigating our cable provider's and NBC's apps. It's amazing what you can do on the computer these days if you have the right apps). 

Once the TV dilemma was resolved there was some progress on a bit of this and that. 


The blue and yellow strips to the left are for the Sensational Summer Scrap quilt, under those are some 4 patches for the same project and the pieced borders for Storm at Sea.  In the pinned pile on the right are a stack of Wild and Goosey blocks, diamonds for the SAS pieced border and at the very top of the photo is clue 1 for the Mosaic Mystery over at Meadow Mist Designs.  I just can't work on one project at at time.  

By the end of the evening, all the SAS border pieces were finished, the bottom border needs to be assembled and the top border is ready to sew to the rest of the top. 

Storm at Sea
Paper Piecing Class by Carrie Randell (Quilter's Hideaway)

My apologies for the slightly wonky photo. The quilt is almost too big for the design wall and it's hard to get all of it in one shot.  The current plans call for two more strip borders. Those last two will go faster than the pieced borders did, so maybe SAS will be a finished flimsy by the end of the month.  

Linking up with the usual Monday linkies.

Monday Making
Design Wall Monday

15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see how you have several things waiting by the machine waiting for a seam or two! I do that, too. Your Storm at Sea is looking great! I love how the colors change and look like they're swirling through!

Barbara said...

Your SAS is gorgeous, Kate. Do I remember that this is for your own bed? It's going to be beautiful when it's all finished. I've been out of range for a while, and so I'm going to have to catch up on some posts.

Jayne said...

This keeps getting better and better! I really like the colors you choose! I hope your weekdays settle down a bit for you soon!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The more you show that Storm at sea the more I fall in love with it!!

Sara said...

Storm at Sea is on my bucket list. I'm going to make one someday because I just love that pattern. Love your colors!

Bonnie said...

Nice to see your progress. Slow but steady also finishes projects. And, I hate when life gets in the way of sewing! Have a good week. You've got a lot of piecing projects going on. It will be fun to see what comes from each of them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yay for progress!!

Louise said...

Oh, it's looking so great!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous work! I’ll never get tired of seeing this quilt, wonky photos or not.

dorothy said...

Love your SAS quilt!!!!!

chrisknits said...

I have no doubt you will get SAS to a flimsy stage this month!

Marti said...

How did we ever exist with computers?

Your storm at sea is looking great. Despite not having more days off, you are making good progress.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I missed that first playoff race--but as of today--I am up and running with cable, phone, dvd recorder, and computer!!!
It only took 3 Spectrum techs too!!! (the first 2 had no idea on what they were doing?????)
I have missed a good 11 days so far of sewing--and am not sure yet when I will be able to do any--even on the Inchies--but I do draw one out each day--with my move and now also my daughter moving it may be Oct before I am back on track--
luv, di

Preeti said...

You must be having so much fun working with these beautiful bright fabrics making such a gorgeous quilt. I hope you get lots of sewing done this weekend!!!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh Kate that border is a gem! Love this even more now I did the 4.5” Storm at Sea Block last week!