Monday, December 31, 2018

Weekend Stitching: Mystery Sewing

Hard to believe it's the last day of 2018.  I'm hoping to spend a good part of it in the sewing room as I've not really had a chance to do that yet.  I've been tackling the closets while My Guy has been dealing with the decluttering the kitchen cabinets, so it's been a productive holiday break.  

I did get in a solid afternoon of stitching yesterday.  The focus was clues 5 and 6 of Good Fortune. 



I'm hoping to make more progress today.  Bonnie's been known to post the reveal on New Year's Day, so I'd like to have enough pieces to get a few blocks made right off the bat.  

I'm able to concentrate on Good Fortune because this month's One Monthly Goal is finished.  The binding was finished as of last Friday.


Boo! (Halloween Mystery)
designed by Carrie Randall (Quilter's Hideaway)
Started  September 8, 2018, Finished December 28, 2018

This was a fun and quick project that used up some odds and ends from the stash.  The bats got crystal button eyes cause My Guy said they needed something. 



Those worked out pretty well. Trudy add some fun details during the quilting. 



A spiderweb in the corner complete with spider.  



And pumpkins in the last border that show up much clearer on the back. 



I didn't have enough of the jack-o-lanterns fabric for the whole back so pieced in that yellow strip, which isn't quilt so pale in real life. 



And the label's been stitched down too.  

Boo! is finish number 4 for 2018.  Since this project was started in 2018, it's not on the UFO list, so that number didn't go down. But getting it finished means it won't go on the list. So it's all good.  Boo! was one of the quilts on my 2018 Finish Along List.  So I'll be linking up when Q4 FAL Link UP opens in January.   

It was a bit odd working on a Halloween quilt over the Christmas holiday.  But now it's all finished and ready to use for next Halloween. 

I'm hoping to end and begin 2019 in the sewing room.  Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year with lots of new projects, finishes, and dwindling UFO lists.  

Linking up with:
UFO Busting
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday
One Monthly Goal
Bonnie Hunter 

13 comments:

Patty said...

Very fun quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

Barbara said...

Well, it turned out very cute. Gives me some ideas for when I get ready to quilt Hocuspocusville.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks like your Halloween quilt is full of fun fabric and the quilting turned out great! Congratulations on finishing it up, even in this busy season!

Alison V. said...

Your neutral string units look great! I am so excited for the reveal!

gayle said...

Your Halloween quilt is fabulous! (The bats are my favorite part!)
Bonnie has me completely baffled this year, with all the different widths going on. I'm not even going to try to guess!

T Craven said...

YES! What excitement might tomorrow bring! Love all of your pics!

Emily said...

Oooh, the bat eyes look great! Congrats on getting another one finished in 2018!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I like your Halloween finish! Can't have too many for this special holiday :-)

dq said...

Your first finish is adorable! The spider web quilted in is fantastic as well as the other Halloweenish quilting motifs.

chrisknits said...

Yay for finishes! I got caught up on clue 7, but haven't done Clue 6 because I can't decide whether to do strip piecing or just cut rectangles. Since she said to not cut if you only have 1 background, I have 3, I thought I would just wait. I still have no clue how this is going together. LOL!

Tish Stemple said...

Boo is so much fun! I love the little quilting details she added to the quilt when she quilted it for you. Hope the new year finds you happily stitching away at Good Fortune blocks!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the finish - it is a great quilt!

Ella said...

I love Halloween quilts and the eyes on the bats are perfect! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for linking up!