I didn't get much sewing time in on Saturday, but made up for that on Sunday afternoon. Binding Blooms and Butterflies was finished up earlier in the week, but I didn't get any photos till yesterday.
| Blooms and Butterflies|
Back Porch Bloom block by Lea Anne Brummett, setting by Kate
Started: 5/29/2016, Finished: 8/24/2017
I'm keeping this one. It's going to be my new cuddle quilt for the recliner. Trudy did a great job with the quilting. She did both blooms
as part of the quilting motifs. I'm really happy with the red plaid backing. These 1930 reproductions have been in the stash for about 10 years, so it's nice to see some of them make their way into a finished quilt. Blooms and Butterflies was started as part of Podunk Pretties Back Porch Blooms quilt along. I tried really hard to resist starting this project, but when Lea Anne added butterflies to one of her free patterns from the quilt along, resistance was futile. It didn't take me long to come up with my own quilt setting using her bloom block.
Blooms and Butterflies is my second finish from my 2017 Finish Along third quarter list and my sixth finish overall for 2017. The best I've ever managed is seven finishes in one year. I might beat that this year.
Linking up with
Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall
2017 Finish Along (Third Quarter)