Sunday, June 11, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 23 of 2017

It's been a crazy and busy week.  The saga of the broken washer continues, so it was back to the laundromat yesterday.  We have more family coming to visit today.  Last week we had Drama Teen's college orientation which required a 2 day out of town stay. When I got back to work on Wednesday my boss informed that I'd be moving into a new position this next Thursday.  That requires that all of my project work be wrapped up this week.  So most of today (before the family gets here) will be dedicated to writing reports rather than playing in the sewing room.  Bummer.  But that's how it goes sometimes.   

Blooms and Butterflies is a finished flimsy, it will makes it debut on tomorrow's design wall post.  All the border fabric got counted in this week's stash report.  

Used last week:  1.59 yards
Used year to date:  35.61 yards
Added year to date:  215.55 yards
Net added year to date:  179.94 yards

Unfortunately the added column also got bigger this week.  Drama Teen had college orientation this week, so I took the opportunity to check out the local quilt shops (another reason to visit her at college).  I picked up a few fat quarters in colors that will be needed for this year's RSC quilt. 



I'll need 16 small fan blocks of the orange and red violet when we get to those colors.  My stash isn't very extensive for either of those colors so stocking up just made sense.  I visited our local quilt shop yesterday on the way home from running errands.  Of course you have to support the local shop or they don't stay in business.



The squiggly lines yardage would make a really cool background for a scrappy quilt using just the cool colors.  I just couldn't resist the butterflies.  No plans for either of these pieces just yet.  I'm sure something will come to me.  

I missed one day of stitching this week due to Drama Teen's orientation.  Parent orientation pretty much wore me out and we didn't get back to the hotel till late.  All I wanted was bed, so any thoughts of hand stitching evaporated pretty quickly.  But I did manage to find 15 minutes the rest of the week. So I've managed to find at stitching time for 153 out of the 161 days so far this year.  That's a 95% success rate.  Not bad.  The effort is showing up in completions for this year and in fabric out. 

Linking up with QuiltPaintCreate for this week's stash report.  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the purples. It's my favorite color.
Good luck in your new position.

Meloney said...

Love your fabric choices. Congratulations on one step forward on DT's new life chapter. I didn't get anything done with my handwork at orientation, so I think you done good.

Barbara said...

Fantastic on your count of the stitching days! I haven't work in more than ten years, and I'm amazed that working peoeple find the time, let alone the energy. Your fabric choices are marvelous, and you've done your good deed keeping that local shop open. Fabric purchases always make sense, no matter the color or design.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the squiggles and butterflies! I remember those days (I have 3 kids), but I only stitched mending and alterations on the kids' clothing at the time.

Julie in GA said...

Great new fabric addition! I especially like the squiggly print. You're doing great with your 15 minutes a day.
Good luck with the new job!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Congrats on the the days total so far of your stitching--as busy as you are--you can still find time to sew a bit each day--not like me who really has no excuse!!!
Have fun with family today--
Enjoy each moment-di

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love your butterfly and squigglies!! Oh man the laundromat....gads....it takes up soooo much time. Sorry....hang in there. I;m starting a new hand project next week and can't wait!! So I'll be able to easily join your 15min. a day. I know it's busy...but trust you are enjoying it as well. Be back tomorrow for the debut.

Shauna said...

great fabric purchases, I love those FQs. You are doing so well on your 15 minutes a day, 95% is awesome!!!!

Preeti said...

You have acquired some gorgeous beauties. Wish we lived closer. It would be fun to share scraps :-)

Katie Z. said...

Lovely fabric! You are doing so well with stitching nearly every day.

make.share.give said...

Laundromat: yuck
New job: maybe a great opportunity
New quilt shops to explore: Excellent!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I had to go through that a while back and discovered the same town nearest to us had the coolest Laundromat. You do seem to be making lots of adding to your stash.
My youngest daughter and I both attended OSU and the daughter stay after graduation to live and work. I get there ever now and then. That shop in Stillwater is a nice one, I can see why you came home with some treasures.

Jennifer said...

I think you got some great additions and really like that squiggly line fabric. Hope the week goes well and good luck in the new assignment!