Sunday, June 4, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 22 of 2017

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday.  Don't go to the laundromat on Saturday morning unless you get there when the doors open.  I was there 15 minutes after the opening and one family was using all but 3 of the regular machines (it was a long morning).  I will be very glad to get my washer fixed.  I really don't know how people who have no choice but to use a laundromat cope, it's almost like a war.  Of course, it's probably bad here because we only have one nice laundromat.  I've been warned not to use the other one in town, the owners don't keep it up.     

Thankfully my family took pity on me after my morning in the laundromat and let me spend the afternoon de-stressing in my sewing room.  It was a productive afternoon so there is actually a bit going out on the stash report this week.  

Used last week:  4.74 yards
Used year to date:  34.02 yards
Added year to date:  205.80 yards
Net added year to date:  171.78 yards

Unfortunately the backing for the Meadow Mist Mystery didn't make up for the incoming fabric this week.  I should have just deleted that Craftsy email, but I just fell for the Colonial Manor stash builder priced at half off.  

Colonial Manor Stash Builder from Craftsy (photo from Craftsy)

I can definitely see another QOV or two in my future.

In terms of finding time to stitch, I managed to find at least 15 minutes each of the last 7 days.  For the year, there's been some stitching going on 147 out of the last 154 days (95% success rate).  I've been pretty amazed at just how much you can get done even with just 15 minutes a day.  

I've also been keeping up with my walking each week.  I came across these beautiful, but alien looking flowers during my last constitutional. 



These are Nigella (also known as Devil in a Bush or Love in a Mist).  Wouldn't those be fun quilt names?  

Linking up with quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report.  

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I had a hard time resisting Colonial Manor, but I held firm. I'll be watching for a Devil Bush coming from you soon.

Julie in GA said...

I nearly ordered that same fabric bundle last weekend! It will make some great QOVs!

AnnieO said...

I've been on a fabric buying bent lately--a shop hop this weekend adding more. We have 4 shops to go😁

Shauna said...

I feel your pain about the laundromat, our dryer went out about a week before Memorial day. We ordered a new one, but it didn't arrive until yesterday. The good thing is we could use drying racks so that meant I didn't have to go to the laundromat. When our washer went out several years ago, I had to go twice before it was replaced, and I hated it!!! I hope yours fixed really soon.

Jennifer said...

Oh, wow, love the fabric you added! And those flowers are pretty cool, they would make a great quilt name!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I am with you on the laund-o-mat thingy--but when one lives in a Senior apt complex--that is what you get to use each and every week--I have also found here to get down there really early--sometimes I can even get in and out with only one other person doing a washing or drying--but I always have to clean out the washer/dryers--some have animals that shed alot--some wash hairy rugs in them and so sometimes the tubs still have stuff leftover in them--it is bad--I pick another machine or even a different day--here for 76 apts we have one laundry room with just 4 washers and dryers-period--it is open 24 hours a day though--!!!
I love that new fabric purchase--you did a good job on that find--
enjoy the moments, di

Cheryl said...

Those are the coolest flowers!

maggie fellow said...

I am ordering the seeds - when I googled it there was a famous woman - suppose her parents thought she was devilish:)