Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Vintage Brown and Pink

A weekend with no place to go.  Well at least I don't have any place to be.  Drama Teen will be off taking the ACT later this morning.  My Guy has a jam session with some of the guys from work this afternoon.   After  tackling a bit of laundry this morning, I should be free to hold up in my sewing room for most of the afternoon. 

Last night was spent printing the papers for the next two Vintage Dresses.  I cut up one page to use as guides for cutting the fabrics.  Then spent a bit of time selecting fabrics for February's dresses. 


 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

I may have to replace the pale beige at the top left, there may not be good enough contrast with the background to use it as the belt for the strapless dress.  The three fabrics on the right are really brown and pink, though they look to be black and pink.  That's as far as I've gotten on February's Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  Hopefully, I'll have a finished one to show off next weekend. 

Linking up with Soscrappy.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the other scrappy browns linked up this week.  

14 comments:

Katie Z. said...

The dresses are going to be darling. Here's to a quiet weekend!

PeggyinNO said...

I was so looking forward to another vintage dress :-(. Guess I will have to be patient and wait till next week! Have fun sewing today!

Karen said...

I like the two different designs for the dresses. I hope you have fun making them.

Cheryl said...

Great progress on the dresses, I like the next set of fabric.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are both pretty dresses. I am glad you showed the fabric selection part, so we can imagine what the dresses will look like.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So pretty and sew much fun :)

gayle said...

I just love these dresses you're making. Such a fun choice for RSC! Thanks for showing the fabric choices next to the block outlines - it's interesting to watch the planning involved in such a complex block.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

SOunds like a perfect Saturday!! Hey I LOVE your new blog banner....looks great!

PaulaB quilts said...

The two new patterns are sweet. I like the bow in the back/side. Your mystery block is a real stunner!

Cathy said...

I love the polka dot/stripe combo.

Jo said...

I think your dresses are looking great

scraphappy said...

What a great pattern! Looking forward to seeing the finished blocks. Hope you had some quality time during the ACT.

Nell's Quilts said...

Selecting the fabrics is half way done. Looking forward to seeing the finish next week.

Deb A said...

Selecting fabrics is the hard part. Hope you got some sewing time yesterday.