Sunday, June 25, 2017

Stash Stuff - Week 25 of 2017

It's a beautiful Sunday morning.  I'm looking forward to my solo retreat day in the sewing room.  The last report for work was finished up at 6 PM last night.  I'm am so ready to do something besides review data and write up reports!  It's been quite a week.  The new position, coupled with having to finish up the stuff for the old position has been all consuming.  After spending hours on the computer at work,  spending any time on my home computer was just not something I wanted to do.  I'm way behind on personal emails and blog reading.  I'll do a bit of catch up today, but my main goal is to spend some serious time in my sewing room recovering from the insanity of the last couple of work weeks.  

I only managed to make it to the sewing room 2 days out of the last seven.  I got in a bit of time last Sunday and then treated myself to a couple of hours last night since the reports were all done. That dropped my average success rate in finding time to stitch from 95% to 91%.  A bit disappointing, but sometimes that's just the way things work.   Needless to say the say the stash report is pretty anemic this week. 

Used last week:  0.1 yard
Used year to date:  38.38 yards
Added year to date: 215.55 yards
Net added year to date:  177.17 yards

At least I was too busy to look at any of the fabric adds or stop by the quilt shop, so the net added went down rather than going up.  

The plan for today is to finish the label for the Meadow Mist Mystery quilt, so that maybe it can join the finished list before the end of the month.  Then I'm hoping to just play with whatever else looks good.  

We had rain last weekend, which made my roses happy. 




They make quite a show outside the dining room window.  

That's it for this week.  I'm looking forward to a much quieter and hopefully less frantically paced work week.  Linking up with quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report.  

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Gorgeous pictures of your roses, Kate! Glad you got through the tough work week, and have some time to play today. Enjoy!

Barbara said...

Have a wonderful sewing day. I've not been busy in the way you have, but my days have still felt more harried than usual. I'm looking forward to a sewing today too...right after I re-pot the tomatoes.

The Joyful Quilter said...

With your schedule, ANY time in the sewing room was a bonus!! Way to look on the bright side about not adding to the stash. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad you finished up your work stuff. Have fun sewing today.

Shauna said...

I'm glad you finished everything for work and I hope you have lots of fun sewing today.