Monday, January 16, 2017

Weekend Stitching: Bordering Bejeweled

We are very thankful that the weekend ice storm wasn't near as bad as they predicted it would be.  The roads never got real bad, they were slick in places, but not glazed over.  There were a few power outages, but none affected us.  Still it was cold and miserable outside, so it was a pretty good weekend to stay home and sew.  

My January One Monthly Goal is to get Bejeweled sent out for quilting.  I'm halfway there.  The last of the borders went on just before dinner last night. 


 BejeweledFrom the book "All About Strips" by Susan Guzman

It's definitely outgrown the design wall, I'll try to get better pictures of the finished top next weekend.  Hopefully there will be some sunshine around then.  Drama Teen loves it. She's pretty sure her friend is going to love it too.  Now to figure out how to use the left overs to piece a back.  That's the agenda for this week.  

Linking up with:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Monday Design Wall

23 comments:

Churn Dash said...

That's an unusual quilt, I love it! The colours are beautiful.

Helen

Sandra Walker said...

I've loved watching this beauty come together! Yay for a flimsy!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Bejeweled is the perfect name for this one as it's just gorgeous! I agree with DT...her friend is going to treasure it. Wishing ya a great week!

Barb H said...

Nice work. The quilt is beautiful.

Nann said...

Oooh! Love the design and the colorway. Congratulations on achieving your OMG by mid-month, too.

Barbara said...

Just gorgeous, Kate. What a wonderful gift for the new graduate.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Lovely! Good luck with the back this week.

Janice Holton said...

I have enjoyed seeing this one come together. Love the design and colors. Will be fun to see what you decide to do on the back. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilt - congrats on the finish.

Liz

Bonnie said...

WOW You did a great job. I have no doubt the recipient will love it!

AnnieO said...

Really pretty. I don't doubt that anyone wouldn't love it!

Julie in GA said...

Bejeweled is gorgeous! I love the colors you used.

gayle said...

I'm going to miss this quilt - I've really enjoyed watching it grow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Bejeweled looks beautiful! You're one more step closer to finishing all those graduation quilts! Glad to know the ice storm wasn't too hard on you.

Tine said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful quilt! I am sure you will get it sent out in January!

Dar said...

That is a beauty. Love the colors you used too! I think piecing the back will be just as much fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

newsurfiegirl said...

Wow that is coming along nicely! You are sure to meet your goal this month!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Glad you didn't get the amount of ice that everyone seemed to think would happen........I missed out on it too.....thankfully! You know I love that Bejeweled quilt!

thea said...

Bejeweled is great! Three more to go?

Miaismine said...

So pretty! It certainly does look like jewels are falling, doesn't it? Love it! :) I'm glad you are on your way to a finished quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how pretty!!!! Good luck on the back - sometimes that takes me as much thought as the front - BEAUTIFUL!!

Kate said...

It's so pretty, and you're doing a great job making sure you get these graduation quilts done!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

MORE progress and I love your new header!