We enjoyed day one of our three day weekend on Friday. Or at least I did. My Guy finally succumbed to the respiratory virus that both DT and I have had. He was pretty miserable. He slept and I played in the sewing room. Most of my effort was focused on getting the backing cut and pieced for Bejeweled. But I did sneak in enough other stitching to finish off one more small fan block.
It's hard to see the scale in this picture, but the small fans are only 3.5". For some reason I've been having problems getting the pieces lined up properly on these blocks. I always seem to attach the next "ray" in the wrong orientation and have to un-sew a bit. If that hadn't happened, there be a large block to show this week.
The other purple scrappy project that's been taking priority in the sewing room is Geometry. Geometry uses up left over yardage from several other projects, so that makes it a scrappy quilt too, at least in my book.
The purple is left over from the Zombie in Paris Quilt. The red was also used in Allietare and the orange in Cowboy Orange. So though the black math fabric was purchased specifically for this quilt, the rest of the fabrics came from the stash. I still have the blue, green and yellow blocks to cut and stitch. But this project has been a really quick one. That's good because there is still one more graduation quilt to go and it's not started yet.
Linking up with Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Oh Scrap on Sunday over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.