|Zombies in Paris, Self designed|
All the pink hearts are finished. That's the last set with the gray background, the rest of the hearts will have a medium purple background. Hopefully when I start adding those to the design wall my dark purple hearts will look purple rather than black. The lettering is dark purple too. I've learned that between the lighting in my sewing room and my camera, some colors are hard to get right if there are certain other colors in the frame. That appears to be the case here. Even using Photoshop, I couldn't get those three solids hearts to look purple without throwing the rest of the blocks way off in color. I should note that what looks like an "E" now, will be a "B" when the next block gets added to the design wall. Each block was designed as a 12" x 12" unit, and the "B" got split between the last two blocks.
Zombies is the first of 4 quilts needed for graduation next year. I've got the fabric and pattern picked out for the second quilt. Some of the fabrics have been acquired for quilts 3 and 4, but no pattern picked out yet. I need to get some decisions made about those last two fairly soon.
I'm hoping to get in a few marathon stitching sessions this weekend. I'll have an extra day and a half to stitch. Though part of that half day off work will involve picking Drama Teen up at the airport. She's in Washington DC attending a journalism conference. I expect she'll be ready to come home and sleep as the conference has some really long days in it.
Linking up with:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Design Wall at Patchwork Times