On a brighter note, I did get to spend some time in the sewing room this weekend. Most of yesterday afternoon was spent prepping Allietare for quilting. Threads on the back are clipped, any loose threads have been removed from the front, it's pressed and folded ready for shipping. The backing is still in pieces, I didn't quite get it all sewn together. But getting the top ready is the slowest part of that process, so it feels good to get that done.
I had hoped to spend some time working on my project for the Bloom Sew Along that Lea over at Podunk Pretties has going on, but that didn't happen. But there was some progress last week. After rifling through all my 1930 reproduction fabrics in the stash, I decided on border fabrics. Those pretty much dictated the final color scheme.
|Blooms and Butterflies: Bloom Blocks by Lea Brummett of Podunk Pretties, |
Quilt setting self designed
This is the EQ draft with my border fabric choices added in. I also changed the alternate block in the butterfly border. I like this version much better. I did make a start on the bloom blocks.
The pots are started. All the background fabric is cut and all the green reproduction fabrics for the leaves and stems have been located. But that's as far as I've gotten. Once Allietare is off to be quilted, there will be space in my queue to work on this project.
Linking up with:
Podunk Pretties for the Bloom Sew Along
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday