Saturday, May 21, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Ready to Play with Green

We were all ready to see Friday evening come around.  It's been one of those long weeks, but considering how a few things might of worked out, it wasn't a bad week.  Looking back it's kinda funny now.  It involved a trip to the dermatologist for me to remove a spot from my leg that thankfully ended up not being skin cancer.  My guy didn't want me driving afterwards since we weren't sure how invasive the procedure was going to be, he dropped me off and Drama Teen was going to pick me up on her way home from the gym.  The timing on this worked out really well.  But when I texted DT that I was done, this is the text I got back.


We suspect someone either let the air out of her tire or she ran over something in the parking lot at school.  Turns out her best friend that always parks next to her, had an almost flat tire by the time she got home that night.  The tire looks so bad because DT drove on it while it was flat.  My Guy was absolutely incredulous that she didn't notice anything while she was driving.  Of course she was in town, driving at low speeds as most of the drive to the gym means she's driving in school zones.  This could have been really bad had she been on the highway on her way home after school.  It was definitely a teachable moment on a lot of fronts.  Thankfully the tire place in town is only a couple of blocks from where the car was parked.  But DT was without a car for a day since they were closing when we got it there.  

Thankfully there's been no drama in the sewing room.  I got a lot done this week.  The second orange dress is done.  

 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

This one is definitely a summer dress, something to wear to a picnic.  Your date definitely wouldn't loose you in a crowd if you were wearing this dress.  But I like it, it's definitely bright and fun.  

So both orange dresses are done.

 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell


One dress shows off the yellow oranges and the other the red oranges. These two bring the total of finished blocks up to 8.  I couldn't resist putting all the completed dresses up on the design wall. 

 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

I'll definitely need to add a couple of lighter dresses, but I think the darker end is pretty well covered.  This has been such a fun project.  My paper piecing skills have greatly improved over the last 5 months.  Now to go pick out the fabrics for this month's green dresses.  Maybe I'll actually get those done before June gets here.   

I'm linking up with Angela over at Soscrappy for this Saturday's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the green blocks everyone else has finished this week.  

20 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your dress blocks are looking gorgeous! It's so much fun to see them all up together.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your closet is full of lovely dresses :)

Ivani said...

Oh my, good that anything worse happened. Love your dress collection, it is difficult to choose just one.

Katie Z. said...

I'm glad there's no cancer and DT didn't have more issues with her flat tire. The dresses are simply gorgeous, and this is going to be a great quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, those teachable moments!! Yikes!! Your wardrobe is expanding quite nicely. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with the GREEN dresses!

gayle said...

I'm really enjoying the variety in those dresses! Each one is a little treasure!
That teachable moment may result in a lifelong habit of checking all the tires before getting into the car - and that could be a lifesaving habit some day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, those dresses are so fun together! It will be fun to see what you do with green!

Nell's Quilts said...

What fun you must have designing each dress. Your fabric choices are wonderful. Looking forward to the green ones. That tire looks mighty sad. Lucky the rim wasn't ruined driving on a flat tire.

Alison V. said...

Your dresses are gorgeous!

Peggyinno said...

I think your next dress should be LIME green!! These are absolutely the cutest! Love them all together!
So glad DT wasn't driving when this happened. Hopefully the rim didn't get damaged.

Cathy said...

Love, love, LOVE those dresses!

Heidi said...

Your most recent dress is my current favorite!

Trying hard not to laugh at this drama story, DT may be a bit embarrassed that she drove without being aware of that flat - it seems so very unlikely. (I once had a flat that I at first thought was a helicopter hovering overhead!. My most embarrassing moment tops hers though, I once filled my tank with diesel. Managed to get about half a block away before she died. I actually suspected pretty quickly what I had done, but the station attendant insisted the nozzle could not have fit. I am here to tell ya'll that they DO!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your daughter was lucky it was not worse. It's tough being a parent. Love, love, love the lively orange dress. Perfect to west to a county fair date.

Pamela Arbour said...

I love ALL of your dresses!

Deb A said...

Yikes! That is one sad looking tire! Glad everyone was ok.
Looking at the two new ones I like them both... then with them all together.... I don't think I can pick a favorite - I love them all!

Tine said...

Those dresses are so pretty!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

So glad it wasn't cancer and that your daughter is safe. Those dresses are gorgeous.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Kate your dresses are wonderful!!

Cheryl said...

Sorry for your tire, but I'm so glad you are cancer free and your dresses are going well.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your dresses look great all together! You can name your quilt Fashion Show when you have all the blocks done.