I seem to be most productive when I've got 3 to 4 projects going. With McCall's Mystery just needing some pressing before it can go out for quilting, it was time to find something to add to the current project rotation. I'd put Midnight Mystery aside when I ran out of design wall space. Since it's not that far from being done, I went searching for all the block parts. After locating all of those and consulting the instructions, I realized I had missed a step somewhere along the line and would have to assemble a few block parts. That didn't stop me from getting the rows assembled for the first block.
|Midnight Mystery Quilt, From Meadow Mist Designs|
You never know what you'll get when you pick your fabrics for a mystery. I was really beginning to worry that the tulip fabric was going to be way out of place. I like how it looks in the final block. Some of the star points may get lost, but I don't think that will distract from the quilt overall. I still need to stitch the rows together to finish this first block, but I'll get to that tonight.
There are 8 full blocks and 2 half blocks to finish for the Midnight Mystery. I still need to finish 18 blocks for Allietare. Since February is a short month, I'd have a better chance of finishing up the Midnight Mystery quilt, especially since all the block pieces are made, I just need to assemble the blocks. Can't say that about Allietare. So my One Monthly Goal for February is to get the Midnight Mystery blocks sewn together into a flimsy. That should be doable.
Linking up with:
Red Letter Quilts for the February One Monthly Goal
Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking up Quilts for Main Crush Monday