The temperature dropped by more than 10 degrees between Friday and Saturday, that seemed to do a lot to drop the pollen counts. My sinus headache retreated to just a twinge here and there by Saturday morning. Thankfully that meant I got in some decent stitching time on Saturday. Drama Teen was off at creative writing workshop on Saturday and My Guy had a boys night out last evening. I think that was a first for him. But it meant that DT and I could pretty much do what we wanted for the evening.
There was a bit more fabric added this week. I'm making 4 graduation quilts due by May of 2017 (Yes that number is one more than I said last week. DT added one for a favorite teacher). Since it takes me so long to finish anything, I'm getting a jump on the designs and fabric selection. Three of the four projects I've worked out themes, but DT has one friend we were both stumped on what to make. Then I came across this fabric over at Nancy Notions:
This friend is really good at math and is planning on becoming a math teacher. So this just seemed to be the perfect theme for her. Now I just need to figure out a pattern to use. There are lots of fun primary colors mixed in with the black, so there are lots of options to incorporate other colors.
There were a couple of other novelty prints I just had to order.
Chemistry is spoken in this house, so I just couldn't pass these two up. I only ordered a yard of each, but My Guy needs a new e-reader cover, so one may get used for that. Or these is always the possibility of a hand bag. I could really use a new one.
So what's the damage?
Used last week: 7.08 yards
Used in October: 8.17 yards
Used year to date: 38.15 yards
Purchased year to date: 20.25 yards
Net used for 2015: 17.90 yards
Thankfully I had seven yards going out this week. That was the backing for Back to Square One. My goal this year is to use more than I buy, so I'm still on track. I know I need to buy background fabric for one quilt and may need to for another. So at least 5 more yards are coming in. But I've yet to count the fabric as out for the Midnight Mystery or Poinsettias quilts. Both of which I'm pretty sure I'll get to count as outgoing before the end of the year. So I should be able to end the year in the black.
There are more stash reports over at Patchwork Times.