Monday, February 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Slow and Steady

In some ways it was a long weekend, in others not long enough.  Drama Teen had to finish her science fair report, it's due on Tuesday.  My Guy is her science adviser and I'm the report editor.  She kept both of us busy this weekend.  One day I really hope she learns not to wait till the absolute last minute. 

I did get some time in the sewing room this last week.  Grand Illusion is progressing slowly, but steadily.  



Grand Illusion
A Bonnie Hunter Mystery


















It's not my favorite project, but I'll keep at it.  Last year's Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt is still a UFO.  It would be nice if I can avoid adding this one to the pile.  

That's it for my design wall this week.  I'm linking up with Judy's Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. 

6 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love the grand illusion, such spring like colors.

MartiDIY said...

I admire you plugging away at this quilt since you've said several times you aren't crazy about it. It's not my favorite design, but I like yours better than most I've seen. I have a feeling when you finish, it will be a beauty.

Carolyn Sullivan said...

I have mine finished, but I added Black sashing around each of the big blocks, and around the green and white squares. It looks like stained glass now. However I didn't like what I had done w the borders on the Celtic Solstice, so it is in the UFO pile!

Anonymous said...

It is looking good, Kate. I like this quilt better without it being so scrappy.
Terry

seabreezequilts said...

Maestro is always leaving things to last minute, squid panics until it's done and always finishes early, I prefer squids method.

dq said...

That is exactly why I made a goal to finish the top of my Grand Illusion in January. I was afraid it would become one of those forever UFOs. It is great that you are keeping at it. It is looking great!