Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stash Report - Week 32 of 2014

It's been a quiet weekend, which was much needed after a week of rushing around.  My Guy is off on a two week business trip, while Drama Teen spent the night over at a friend's house.  So I had the house to myself for the evening.  Enjoyable, but weird.  It's amazingly quiet when no one else is home.  

Thank you to all who sent well wishes to Drama Teen and prayers for my MIL. We've not heard anything new about my MIL's cancer.  At the moment we're thinking no news is good news.  Drama Teen fell a week ago in volleyball practice.  The MRI results that came back Friday told the very sad tale of a torn ACL.  That means surgery and no sports for up to year.  She was bummed most of Friday, but by yesterday she was researching the kind of surgeries and recovery strategies.  She wants to get the surgery scheduled so she can get on with the recovery.  

It's been a very productive week on the stitching front.  Jigsaw is a finished flimsy.  No pictures yet as it's too big to photograph on the design wall.  The backing came from the stash.


I'm pretty sure this is from Connecting Threads, but I don't remember the fabric line. Drama Teen likes it because it matches the rainbow colors on the front of the quilt.  Now all I need to do is press the front and the back so I can send it off to be quilted. 

It's a good report this week, plenty out and nothing in.

Used last week:  5.04 yards
Added last week:  0 yards

Used in 2014: 17.03 yards 
Added in 2014:  302.3 yard

Net stashed in 2014:  285.27 yards

Now it's time to tackle laundry and a few other household chores. But I'll still find a few minutes here and there to sneak in peaks here and there at what else is going on in the world of stash busting over at Patchwork Times.  

8 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on finishing the Jigsaw quilt top together. Love that floral for the back. I can't wait to see the quilt!

seabreezequilts said...

I really like that fabric. Glad DT is planning ahead.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I think the backing you picked will be perfect too. When I first started the chapter of empty nest...that quiet WAS wierd....now I LOVE it!!! It's peaceful. I'm so sorry to hear of your hardships...thankfully you have sewing therapy...sending smiles your way girl!:)

DeeDee said...

The backing is perfect. It is good that DT is focusing on her recovery and knows what to expect.

Kate said...

Perfect backing! I can't wait to see the finished product, it's going to be so bright and cheery! Just what DT needs.

Shay said...

Poor DT - thats going to be hard but it sounds like she has a great attitude about something she cant change.

Larri said...

Yay for finishes...flimsy or not. Love the backing. DT has a good eye for colors & fabrics. Must get that from her Momma. ;)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous fabric.