Monday, August 4, 2014

Design Wall Monday - More Scrappy Stitching

Thankfully, it was a quiet weekend around here.  Drama Teen was pretty much couch bound as doctors orders were to stay off her feet as much as possible.  The knee is still a bit swollen, but it doesn't hurt as badly as it did.  My Guy made it home from his family visit yesterday, but leaves again this morning for a two week business trip. My mother-in-law is now under hospice care as the cancer they discovered last Monday is in-operable.  She's feeling much better and is in good spirits, for which the entire family is very grateful.  

As I was in desperate need of a sanity break, a big chunk of Saturday was spent in my sewing room.  Though I took a lot of breaks to hang out with DT and make sure she had what she needed.  I made good progress on getting the borders on Jigsaw.  Just one more border strip to add and it will be a finished flimsy.   The scrappy butterfly block for July was finished and added to the rest up on the design wall. 

Scrappy Butterflies
Block is available in EQ 7 Block Library

It's going to be a bright quilt when it's all done.  I want 16 of these blocks for the final setting, so a few colors will be duplicated.  Not sure yet how these will be set together, but I've been playing with a few ideas in EQ.  

That's it for my design wall this week.  Hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design wall marvels.  

8 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

The butterfly blocks are absolutely adorable!! What a fun quilt they are going to make!

Ramona said...

Great butterflies! I really like this pattern. Looking forward to seeing the final quilt!

thea said...

Butterflies are looking great! I'm sure you're happy to be finishing up the jigsaw quilt .. when I first read your post I thought you were working on a puzzle with your daughter .. lol.

AnnieO said...

Your mother in laws news doesn't sound good but her spirit does. Hope she isn't in pain.
Your progress is promising! The butterflies are fun.

Marti said...

I'm so sorry the news isn't better for your mother-in-law. Sounds like she has a great attitude though.

Poor DT, that can't be fun for her right now.

Your quilt looks great. Looks like you put your sanity time to good use.

Shay said...

Sounds like challenging times ahead for your family Kate. My thoughts are with you.

Your butterfly quilt is coming along nicely and I love all that scrappy colour.

Kate said...

Yay for the last border for Jigsaw! I can't wait to see it finished! And another lovely little butterfly - that's going to be such a cheerful quilt.

make.share.give said...

Your butterflies are so cute and scrappy!