If you replace "weekends" with "July" and "Monday" with "August" in the first two sentences above, you'll see I'm in the same boat for the change in calendar pages. Some sewing happened, but not nearly as much as I would like. I didn't finish my UFO for the quarter that ended in July. I've been working on the Red, White and Blue Stars quilt for the last 3 months. Block 7 was finished this week.
When I pulled this project out of the box three months ago, there was only one finished block. Now the project is about half done.
This quilt needs another 6 blocks before it can be set together, plus it will also need a set of "B" blocks made based on the setting I'm considering. Maybe I'll get back to this project later in the year. If not, it will be there for next year's UFO challenge. As much as I would have liked to have finished it, it's enough that significant progress was made.
Work continues on the The Sofa Quilt.
Pattern is Nicole's Sofa Quilt by Judy Laquidara
Half of the "A" blocks have been assembled. So far I'm happy with the color choices and how the blocks look. I'm having some doubts about the colors selected for the "B" block. There may be a bit of fabric auditioning going on before I start those blocks. Not a bad week in terms of design wall progress. The Sweet Treat blocks did have to come off the design wall to make room for The Sofa Quilt blocks. Not sure when I'll get back to the Sweet Treat project, hopefully before it ends up on the UFO list.
I'm linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times (I hope anyway). I'm actually on the road this week. Internet access is spotty and even if I have access, there may not be time to post. I do hope to find some time (and access) to check out at least a few of the design walls before the week is out.