Friday, March 25, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - March 25th

Contemplating what will be the subject of any given week's Favorite Things Friday always gives me that little pick me up in attitude that helps so much to get from Thursday night to end of the work day on Friday.  It's nice to contemplate all the good things in my life, plus get the opportunity to read and see all the cool stuff going on with those who post about their favorite things.  So thanks to Shay who hosts Favorite Things Friday for making the transition from the week to the weekend just a little bit easier. 

Having just said all that, I have to admit that my brain was mush last night due to a bit of insomnia on Wednesday.  So my attempts to contemplate anything resulted in my eyes drifting shut and very little contemplation actually happening.  So I'm being obvious, my Favorite Things this week are the beautiful flowers of spring that have started to brighten the still brown lawns and fields.  






What's your favorite thing this week?  Hop over to Quilting in my Pyjamas for more inspiring Favorite Things.    

9 comments:

Mistea said...

That looks like lots of spring in your neighbourhood. Is it that bright already?
Favourites are always the most obvious things.
Enjoy the flowers

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I agree with Mistea - you must live in a different zone than we do - we definitely only have a couple of daffodils that haven't opened yet. I can't wait for spring on our street, though - we live in a neighborhood where the houses were built in the 50's and flowering trees abound!! most beautiful two weeks of the year!

thanks for sharing - hope you get some rest this weekend!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see flowers, they are such a sign of hope and they're so pretty!
My favorite thing this week??? Good question. I think it was preparing for our guild's show. I have so many favorite things, but this only comes every other year and I enjoy it all!

Anjaliebtrosa said...

I can´t wait to see the beautiful colours of spring (its still tooo cold in germany...)

Liebe Grüße
von Anja

Shay said...

Our weather here has been dreadful all week so Im happy you chose something beautiful to share for FTF this week. More ! More ! It looks like Im going to have to live vicariously through your beautiful photography for the next few months to get my dose of colour.

Thanks for sharing these for FTF Kate!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I love Daffodils but we don't get them here in the tropics so I will have to come back and check out your lovely photos :-)

seabreezequilts said...

I'm with Shay autumn is coming a bit sooner than expected in this part of the world so thanks for the thoughts of spring.

Larri said...

What lovely signs of Spring! We began to bloom, though now we're just covered in pollen. Great favourite! Thanks for sharing. Happy FTF! :o)

PS...Hope you get some sleep tonight. Insomnia's the worst!

Helsie said...

Spring in Queensland lasts about a week and a half ! So I'm pleased to share yours. I would love to experience that transition from cold to warm to cold that four real seasons give you. We are looking forward to the spring in England soon.
Cheers
Helen