Saturday, December 17, 2022

Week 52 Photo Challenge: Something Hidden

The number of days till Christmas are getting few.  I'm mostly done with my shopping. The plan today is to wrap My Guy and Grad Girls gifts, plus the odds and ends I picked up for a couple of other family members.  But before I get busy on that task, I should post the results of this week's photo challenge.  



I think we all scratched our heads on this one. This one was really hard for me, I had no idea what to photograph. The box from my office was in the way yesterday while I was looking for something else.  Maybe there was something in it that would work?  

Kate: Hiding in a Hat Box

If you are struggling to figure out what's hidden in this hat box here's a hint, remember the Wizard of Oz?  Does that help?  For some reason my sister over the course of several years gave me many gifts related to those flying monkeys of Oz, including a desk sign that said "I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them". What that was all about, I have no idea. So not only is the flying monkey hidden, so is the motivation behind the gift. (To be honest I'm not sure I want to know why my dear sister decided I had a thing for this part of the movie). 

My Guy went a completely different direction.  


My Guy: Hidden in Plain Sight


Even with all the foliage gone, this nest is hard to see as it blends so well with bare branches.  Not sure which bird used this nest that's in the rose bushes in front of the house. We've had both a cardinal and a brown thrasher raise a broad in those bushes.  

I wasn't sure Grad Girl was going to have time to get in a post, but she came through with a cute photo. 

Grad Girl: Cat Tails


Queenie has a silver crinkle toy that she adores and chases it all over the apartment. I'm pretty sure that's what she's looking for under the couch. So a hidden toy and partially hidden kitty, Grad Girl nailed the subject matter again.  

This week's challenge may mean a shopping expedition as I'm not sure we have anything around the house that fits the bill. 




Next Saturday will be Christmas Eve, so I'm not sure if I'll post next week or if we'll skip a week of the photo challenge.  I'm going to try to post, but it will depend heavily on how prepared I am for the holiday.  

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all of your photos this week! That seems like it was a fun topic. As for your sister, and her flying monkey gifts - is she a teacher? I could see a connection between flying monkeys and my classrooms of 5th graders, lol!

Sara said...

Very fun photos! I do get a kick out of the flying monkeys! I need to wrap some gifts today too, and get them off the dining room table. Still waiting on a couple of things to arrive, but since the family isn't coming until New Years Day hopefully they'll all be here by then.

Libby in TN said...

I so look forward to the photo challenge every week. Youall are so resourceful. Wishing you the happiest of holidays.

Linda said...

Haha I would have loved to display the flying monkeys sign! All great photos. My Rosie kitty would have fit in this week. She is often "hidden in plain sight" when I can't find her, and she often thinks she is hidden when part of her is sticking out.

Barbara said...

Great photos as always. Your little hatbox is interesting. Please say more about it.

Sandy Panagos said...

I love your family's photos! I hope you find time for the thrift store. That should be interesting.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All three of you did a great job with this prompt. It would be a hard one for me.

Jennifer said...

Another fun week of pictures! Hope the final days leading to Christmas are going well for you - I had a big day of shopping with my daughter and think I am almost done! Hope you manage to stay warm in the winter storm! We are expecting a 20+ drop in temps over 2 hours on Thursday afternoon, so trying to get everything wrapped up before that happens!