Saturday, December 10, 2022

Week 51 Photo Challenge: Unappreciated Beautify

Weekends don't have the same meaning as they used to. Now that I'm not working, it's pretty much like most other days other than I get to have my second cup of coffee with My Guy. Which I've really learned to appreciate these last few weeks.  I think I need to get out more!  

As it is Saturday, it's time to post what we came up with for this week's photo prompt. 


This week's card takes a bit of interpretation, which for us seems to produce the most diverse subject matter.  My Guy wondered as he was picking his photo for the week if should summit the photo he normally wouldn't as maybe he isn't appreciating the beauty of it as compared to the others he took.  As I said, interpretation is a big factor for this one.  

In normal light, my subject matter isn't very pretty. But adding in the golden light of the morning sun makes all the difference. 


Kate: It's a Trick of the Light


My Guy's unappreciated beauty is all about the situation. If you are driving in the fog you might not appreciate how beautiful it can be.

 

My Guy: Moonrise


Another photo were the lighting was key.  My Guy is so good at capturing the light at just the right moment.  

I really like My Guy's photo, but Grad Girl probably got closer to the actual theme this week. 


Grad Girl: Experimental Beauty


The beauty of these thin layer chromatography plates is really in the eye of the scientist.  How many colors did you want to see?  I think in this case the fewer colors the better because that means what you made is purer.  

It's hard to pick a favorite this week. I enjoyed seeing what we each came up with for this week. Next week's challenge is another one where interpretation is going matter. 




Maybe a something from Christmas?  I don't think My Guy knows where I stash the presents before they get wrapped.  

8 comments:

Sara said...

I think you ALL captured the theme of the card quite well. We had a heavy snowfall the other night, and with the full moon it was so bright outside at 11 PM that it was nearly daylight. That was my unappreciated beauty photo of the week. It was like being in a well lit snow globe as that moonlight just bounced off every snowflake.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great photos this week from each of you! I agree that there's lots of unappreciated beauty in nature - in any weather and any season. Grad girl's photo would be unappreciated by many of us who don't understand what it's showing. But a chemist would definitely appreciate it!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All three of you did a great job this week. Definitely lots of unappreciated beauty in the world, and all of you found some to share with us.

Linda said...

Wow you guys are deep! I am massively impressed with your challenges and your different interpretations, plus I just enjoy the photos. :)

Barbara said...

Always fun to see what you all come up with. These are wonderful. I like your leaves. Often, I think things in the garden that are dead or dying have their own special beauty.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, those are really lovely pictures - I love the moonlight in the fog, so etherial.

seabreezequilts said...

That picture by your guy is gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

Neat pictures again - really like Grad girl’s this week!