Sunday, May 14, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 19 of 2017




Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's in the United States.  We aren't doing anything special this weekend, which is good.  With Drama Teen's graduation coming up in the next 2 weeks, we'll be busy with getting ready for family and friends to come celebrate with us.  I got scones for breakfast, one of my favorites.  Then My Guy and Drama Teen are grilling salmon for dinner.  I'm so lucky to have such a great family.  

It's been a bit hectic the last few weeks between work stuff and graduation stuff.  Due to My Guy's success as a nature photographer (his photographs have been used in company calendars for the last 3 years), he's been asked to photograph a number of company events, I got drug into that Friday night as he felt that it would take 2 of us to cover all the activity.  I'm also suffering from seasonal allergies, which resulted a very early evening on Thursday, I pretty much came home and went straight to bed.  So I didn't do so hot at finding 15 minutes to stitch every day this week, but I managed 5 out of the 7 days.  Some weeks it's just going to be that way. 

In terms of the stash, I did manage to get a bit moved out. 

Used last week:  0.85 yards
Used year to date:  28.21 yards
Added year to date:  150.3 yards
Net added:  122.09 yards

My family is going to let me do whatever I want today, so there will probably be some significant time spent in the sewing room today.  I need to make a back for the Meadow Mist Mystery quilt, so hopefully there will be some significant yardage going out sometime this week.  

Linking up with Patchwork Times.  Have very a happy Sunday.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Shauna said...

Sometimes 5 out of 7 is a big accomplishment, and it sounds like it was for you this week. If you were perfect then those weeks you make 7 out of 7 wouldn't seem as special.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Happy Mother's Day Kate! I use to suffer chronic sinus ik too.....hang in there and enjoy your leisure day.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Happy Mother's day to you--I like scones!!! Used to bake them all the time--when I lived up north--!!!
Hey I am retired and I still did not sew all 7 days last week--I missed 2-3 days--due to not feeling well--mine is my sensitivity to all the smoke in the air from the all the fires around the state--the wind currents brings them in==even when miles away--
we will be better next week--right????
enjoy the moments, di

Judy Hansen said...

FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

Julie in GA said...

I see that Judy L. is discontinuing the Sunday Stash Reports too. Do you know if anyone else is picking it up?
Hope you had a great Mother's Day and got plenty of time for stitching.