Since we spent a lot of time with family, most of my stitching last week was limited to hand work. The binding on the Zombie quilt should be done by the end of the week. I didn't work on it at all yesterday. My goal yesterday was to get going on clue one for Bonnie Hunter's 2016 mystery quilt, En Provence.
I typically use yardage for these mysteries, there are never enough scraps in a given colorway to make mine scrappy. Though this year's fabric choices are scraps in that some of the yardage is left over from a previous project. My version of the mystery is going to be multicultural as I'm using mainly Asian prints to make a quilt based on scenes from the French countryside.
Bonnie suggested to those of us using yardage that we consider adding in a second neutral for the four patches described in clue #1. After looking at the stash, I found another beige and white print that was a bit darker than my first choice. I think the two prints work pretty well together.
The first ten 4 patches are made, just 100 more to make. I've decided to start with half the blocks and add as needed after the reveal to get a nice lap sized quilt. I'll get more 4 patches made this week, but all 100 won't be finished by the time the next clue comes out. That's OK, I rarely keep up with Bonnie clues, but I usually have enough parts and pieces to execute each clue when it comes out.
Linking up this week with
Bonnie's Mystery Monday
Beth's Monday Making
Beth's Main Crush Monday
Judy's Monday Design Wall