Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Stitching - Allietare Progress

One of the perks of being on vacation is sleeping in, which I fully indulged in this morning.  So my post is later than normal.  Though to be honest, normal has been a bit skewed the last few weeks.  I've not posted anything beyond a stash report over the last two weeks.  There's not been anything to post about.  I did make it back into the sewing room this weekend, but most of my focus has been on getting the binding finished on Back to Square One.  I did spend a bit of time at the cutting table and a few minutes at the sewing machine in an attempt to make some progress on Bonnie Hunter's Allietare mystery.  I'm up to 80 HSTs.


Allietare Part 1 of Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt 


A few pieces from step 2 made it off the machine.   


Allietare Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt



I started cutting the strips for step 3.  That's pretty much it for progress over the last two weeks.  With the holiday coming up on Friday, there won't be a much time for stitching.  But I'm off the whole week after Christmas and I hope to make a lot of progress in the sewing room then.  

I need to go check in with My Guy on what the plan is for today.  I think a trip to the post office is on the agenda, but I'm not sure if he has other plans.  If not, I have a few of my own.  

Linking up with Bonnie's Mystery Monday and Judy's Patchwork Times.  Lots of eye candy at both sites. 

10 comments:

Marti said...

It's looking good. So far, I really like what I've seen of this quilt, and I really like your colors.

Barbara said...

Pretty colors in your mystery quilt.. Enjoy your time off.

gayle said...

Enjoy your sewing time!
I love your blues for Allietare - can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Vireya said...

I like your blues, too. I'll be interested to see your other other colours.

lourixe said...

These blues are so bright! I'm waiting forward to see which other fabrics you choose for the following clues.

Julie in GA said...

Very pretty colors--I love those blues!
Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time in the sewing room.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love the rich Blues..coming along beautifully.

Bonnie said...

Love your bright blue and white -- slow and steady does the job. Yea for a week off from work. Hope you get some personal quilting time then.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Happy Holidays!

Quilter Kathy said...

Can't wait to see how your mystery quilt comes together! I love it when people pick their own colours and we can see variations of the design.