It's back to work today after a 4 day weekend. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Drama Teen is making it back to school. She's either come down with a stomach bug or the antibiotics she was given after her were wisdom teeth were extracted are playing havoc with her digestive system. She didn't get much sleep, so neither did I. I'm hoping that she's feeling better when she wakes up in a bit.
I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room this weekend, but didn't do a lot of stitching. Drama Teen has been asking for a new quilt for her room. We found a pattern and I started collecting the fabrics more than a year ago. DT wants a bright rainbow effect in the quilt, so I've been slowly scanning the fabrics into EQ. I finished that this weekend and starting playing with fabric placement. You don't always capture the "true" color of the fabric when you scan it, so once I worked out a preliminary layout, I went to the cutting table and laid out the fabrics. The EQ layout was a good start, but I've had to move a few fabrics and then substitute in others. This is where I left it as of Sunday afternoon.
I still have some fiddling to do in the bottom half of the layout. It doesn't quite go from lightest to darkest, but it's definitely getting close. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be able to start cutting out the pieces. The pattern DT picked out requires you to know the fabric placement in the quilt before you cut out the blocks, so I need to get that completely worked out before I can start.
As far as the design walls, Neutral Gems and Back to Square One haven't changed much from last week, so I didn't see the point of posting those this week. So that's what's going on in my sewing room. I'm linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times. Check out her blog for more design walls.