Sunday, May 20, 2018

Week 20 of 2018: Stitching and Stashing Stuff

It's been a stormy weekend so far in my part of the country.  It is May, so that's kinda par for the course this time of year.  Life has been crazy busy, work especially, so this week's stash report is going to be lack luster, but the stitching report isn't so bad. 



I could have probably found more time to stitch, but after putting in a few 12 hour days this week, finding the energy to do much more was a challenge. 

Days with stitching time this week:  6 out of 7 days
Days with stitching time this month:  18 out of 19 days
Days with stitching time this year:  130 out of 139 days
Success rate:  93.53%

There was just one evening that I was so brain dead that playing with any type of sharp item would have been a mistake. Hopefully your week went much smoother.  Please scroll to the bottom of the post to find the 15 minute stitching challenge link up. 

The stash report is pretty dismal.  There was absolutely no fabric going out this week.  On the good side, none came in either. 

Fabric used this week:  0 y
Fabric used in 2018:  23.00 y
Fabric added in 2018:  7.25 y
Net fabric out for 2018:  15.75 y

Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report. 

One reason there is no fabric out is my stitching time this week was mainly handwork.



I've gotten a good start on the third butterfly in the panel.  This was an easy project to pick up and do a bit before heading to bed. Unfortunately this week is going to be busy as well, so I think there's more hand work in my immediate future.  Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday this week.  

Hopefully you've had a successful week on both the stitching and the stash busting fronts.  You can link up here and share how your week of stitching went (or didn't as the case may be).  



1. Julie in GA
2. MartiDIY
3. di
4. CathieJ
5. Susanne
6. maggie f
7. Aileen K
8. Shasta
9. Shasta
10. Christina's Handicrafts
11. Deana

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, your crosstitch is lovely. Have you shown this piece before? I don’t remember seeing it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like the perfect project for when you can't do anything else but collapse into a chair, but still want to touch some fabric and thread! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday, Kate!

Marti said...

I didn't know you did needlework. That's a nice project, but then I'm partial to butterflies. Hope you have a good week next time.

Suzanne said...

The butterfly is going to be beautiful....how big are the blocks?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

That is a neat looking butterfly there you are stitching on--I do stitch on something every day--right now it is the heart blocks for sure--but do all kinds of stitching--so I have pretty much done stitching, even at my daughters--so the only days I have really miss was when I was at my brothers for that 3-4 days!!!
enjoy, di

CathieJ said...

You managed to do more stitching than I did this week. I love that butterfly. I am looking forward to seeing the whole piece.

Julierose said...

What a lovely butterfly--will look forward to seeing your color choices for this one...hugs, Julierose

make.share.give said...

Kinda been brain dead too this past month, but things are looking up! Summer's coming!

thea said...

Love the hand work --

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Sorry you had a rough week - you did manage to get more stitching in than I did. The butterfly is lovely.

dq said...

93 % is excellent. Those 15 minutes a day really add up. I generally get in an hour or more a day.