Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekend Stitching: Back on Track

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.  We spent time with family and really enjoyed it.  We got a walk in Saturday morning before the rain hit.  It was nice to be out and about. 



Consequently, there wasn't much time in the sewing room over the weekend.  I did manage to get the cornerstone blocks remade, correctly this time. 


The top border is even attached.  I hope to get the bottom border sewn on and the last border added today.  Then it will time to piece the back and get this one prepped for quilting.  

I had meant to add this to last week's post, but forgot in the rush to get the post out before leaving for work.  I was lucky enough to win 2 quilt patterns from Quilting JetGirl as part of the Meadow Mist Mystery Parade of Quilts.  


I had a hard time picking just two, but these are now in my pattern library waiting for me to finish off the graduation quilts so I can play with something else.  Thank you to Cheryl for a fun mystery and to Yvonne for being a sponsor.   Cheryl's next mystery starts in July.  You should definitely check it out.  


Linking up with:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday on Tuesday at Cooking up Quilts

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Love the first amendment quilt. It seems especially timely right now. Your first photo from your walk is lovely. We're getting a few more blooming things here, but we're way behind from last year.

Bonnie said...

You have outdone yourself on your first amendment quilt. It is going to be wonderful. I know the teacher will love it. Congrats on the free patterns. It's so much fun to receive free things! I need to pop over to Quilting Jet Girl to take a look at her pattern. I want to do one like her Lucent at some point. Have a great week.

Denise :) said...

The First Amendment Quilt looks great!! Your dogwood is pretty ... ours are mostly petals blowing all over the ground, now! :)

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

All of a sudden thee first amendment quilt has really come to life, I liked it before but it looks great now. Easter is still here in the UK, we get another holiday for east Monday. Congrats on your win.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your first amendment quilt is getting so close! I bet it will be such a relief to get all of the graduation quilts completed. Have fun choosing the next project!

Emily said...

Congrats on your pattern win! I have been admiring Yvonne's Lucent for a while. First Amendment is looking good!

Cut&Alter said...

Lovely patterns you chose - congrats on the win!!

Jennifer said...

The top is looking good - and congrats on the pattern win!

Kate said...

The top looks great - and it's almost done, which is even better! ;) Congrats on the win, I love the patterns you chose.