It's been a crazy two weeks since Easter. I really had planned on blogging more, but it just didn't happen. Hopefully now that my 4 cities in 4 days business trip is over, I can get caught up on all the emails and blog reading. Laundry and prom prep were yesterday's agenda. Drama Teen's senior prom was last night, so the afternoon was spent fixing a hook on her dress, along with doing nails, hair and make-up.
She looked so pretty. Unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs most of the evening. She didn't get in till really late, so I haven't heard how her evening went.
I did finally make it to the sewing room once Drama Teen headed out for dinner with friends. My April One Monthly Goal didn't get finished before the business trip, so it was definitely time to see if progress could be made on that front.
The plan was to get The First Amendment to the finished flimsy stage, make the backing, prep both for quilting, box it all up and get it into the mail to Trudy for quilting. The quilt is now ready to be shipped out for quilting.
So four out of five is not bad. This will go to the post office tomorrow. So I'm claiming victory on April's One Monthly Goal, all the hard stuff is done.
There was a lot of stitching going on the week after Easter, but there was none last week as my time was spent driving to the airport, finding my hotel, being in meetings and then back to driving to the airport again. So here's the stash report for the last two weeks.
Used last two weeks: 3.36 yards
Used year to date: 27.36 yards
Added year to date: 150.3 yards
Net added: 122.94
I've definitely added more than I planned, but it's all been blenders. Which are still in short supply in some color families.
It was hard to resist these less than $3 a yard sale fabrics over at Connecting Threads.
Or these Botanical prints that were on sale at Craftsy. Since I've completely blown the incoming goal, I'm going to concentrate on doing better on the outgoing goal for the rest of the year.
I was doing really well on finding 15 minutes a day to stitch till the business trip happened. At least 15 minutes were spent stitching from January 1st through April 22nd. That's definitely a record! Picking back up again on Friday when I got home was pretty easy. As of now I've managed 114 out of 119 days. That's a 96% success rate, so I'm still making an A for the effort this year.
Linking up with:
Elm Street Quilts for the April One Monthly Goal Finish
Patchwork Times for the weekly Stash Report.