While the girls were unraveling their mystery, I wandered down the road a bit to the quilt shop. I don't go very often these days due to the fabric diet. But I'm in need of some fabrics for the last graduation quilt. I've got lots and lots of blue in the stash, but have almost no red. The last quilt is for DT's journalism teacher. DT has had some wonderful high school teachers, but Ms. T is the only one she's had all 4 years. DT requested a First Amendment quilt that could be hung in the journalism room. Here's the mock up from EQ.
|The First Amendment Quilt by Kate|
I'm going to print the first amendment on fabric and then use a newsprint for the background fabric. I have the background, but needed a red for the stars and borders. Here's what came home yesterday.
The two reds for the amendment quilt. The white with the flowers and bees is perfect for a quilt that's in the planning stages. The skulls was just for fun. I have a niece that would love something made from that fabric. Here's the damage for the week.
Used year to date: 9.98 yards
Added year to date: 54.3 yards
Net stashed: 54.30 yards
I'm going to need to get busy on finishing up some quilts if I want to get back in the black. Most of what went out this week is from the backing for Bejeweled. I need to prep the top today. Once that's done, the project will be ready to ship out for quilting. That's my OMG for January. Hopefully that will get done today.
On the stitching front, I've managed to sew for at least 15 minutes every day of 2017. So I'm on par with where I was last year at this time. It was February that I started slipping up on sewing time. Hopefully I can avoid that this year.
Linking up with Patchwork Times for the weekly stash report.