Now I'm finally ready to post my ambitions for next year. Mine are rather plain Jane vanilla, but they focus on where I want to go next year.
1. Finish a few quilts. Participate in the One Monthly Goal and UFO-2017 to help with this effort. My 2017 quilt plan can be found on the 2017 Quilt Plan tab. The "have to" finish quilts are Bejeweled, Geometry, and The First Amendment Quilts.
1. RSC 2017 - Fan and Log Cabin blocks
2. 2017 Meadow Mist Mystery
3. 2017 Bonnie Hunter Mystery
3. Manage the stash/organize the sewing room. This is an ongoing battle for me (like most quilters I think). I have lots of pretty fabrics, but not all of it is where I can see it and use it.
1. Use 70 yards of fabric
2. Spend 30 minutes per week on sewing room organization
3. Make Wild Goose from Bonnie Hunter's book Addicted to Scraps (I have a ton of scraps that need to get into a quilt and this one looks like a good one to make that happen).
4. Make time to sew. Seems obvious, but with a full time job, a husband and a daughter, there are lots of other things in my life too. Making a conscious effort to get to the sewing room for 15 minutes will make a big difference in fulfilling my first ambition of getting a few quilts finished.
5. Work on my blogging skills. The blog community functions as my quilting guild since the local one only meets while I'm at work. The quilty blogsphere is a wonderful source of friendship, feedback and inspiration. This year was my worst in terms of posting and content since I started blogging 7 years ago. So it's time for some refocusing here.
1. Post three times a week
2. Improve my photography intended for the blog
3. Write 4 tutorials this year
4. Review progress on these ambitions at the end of each quarter and report the progress or lack thereof on the blog.
Those are my ambitions for the year. Putting together the list is a good start, but sometimes the implementation doesn't go so well. At any rate, good luck on your ambitions for 2017. We'll know in about 12 months how we all did.
Linking up with Jet Girl's 2017 Planning Party.