Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekend Stitching - Allietare Progress

Weekends are never long enough it seems. I didn't do much sewing on Saturday as Drama Teen needed some help getting ready for prom and then we spent the early evening taking prom pictures of all her friends and their dates.  Everybody looked so cute, and so grown up, including Drama Teen.  I posted a picture of her dress yesterday, but this is a much better picture of her.  




So Saturday was a bit of a bust for sewing room time, but there was significant sewing time on Sunday.  Allietare is well on it's way to being a finished flimsy.


 Allietare,  Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Blocks in the first 4 rows have been sewn together.  The blocks kept falling off the design wall, so all that's up there now is the blocks that are sewn together. I'm pretty happy with how this project is turning out.  It's my favorite Bonnie Hunter Mystery to date, well at least of the ones I've made.   

The other thing I did on Sunday was finalize the layout for the Zombies in Paris project.  


Zombies in Paris

Starting on this project is my One Monthly Goal for May.  It needs to be done by next May and since there are three other graduation quilts to make, I'd best get busy.  I just need to wash and press the pink Zombie Love fabric, then I'll be all ready to start cutting and sewing.  

Linking up with:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Monday Design Wall

10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Allietare quilt is going to be stunning! Very strong impact with your nearly-solid fabric choices.

Lisa J. said...

I agree that the Alletaire fabric choices are making a beautiful quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that sparkly blue prom dress!
And your version of Allietare is fabulous!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilt top is looking beautiful. I hope prom was fun for your daughter; I love her blue dress. :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The Allietare is really is awesome. DT looks stunning.

Bonnie said...

Zombies in Love?? I'm looking forward to seeing that evolve! Alitarie is stunning. Your color choices really make it sing. Someday I need to make that one.

gayle said...

Have fun with the zombies! (It sure looks like fun from here!)
Love your Allietare. I need to get back to work on mine...

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I've said it before but it bears repeating - your Allietare quilt is gorgeous! I love your color choices. They are such strong colors and work so well together. I'm glad you found time to sew over the weekend. Thanks for sharing your progress on Main Crush Monday!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Prom!! What fun! Drama Queen looked beautiful! BOth quilts look fun!

thea said...

Very nice picture of Drama Teen .. the zombie quilt is great!