Sunday, May 8, 2016

Stash Management - Week 19 of 2016





Happy Mother's Day!  Mine got off to a bit of a late start, I slept in this morning.  Not because it was Mother's Day, but because Drama Teen kept me out  way past my bedtime last night.  DT conned me into buying tickets to see Pentatonix early this year.  They are amazing live, so I'm glad we went.

My plan for today is to spend some significant time in my sewing room watching movies and stitching.  A one day solo retreat. It's my family's Mother's Day gift to me.  But before I head up to get comfortable for the day, it's time to look at last week's stash and time management progress.  

Not much going out last week.  I've been sewing Allietare together and the only fabric going out has been the setting triangles.  

Used last week:  0.43 yards
Used year to date:  25.28 yards
Purchased year to date:  17.75 yards
Net used for 2016:  7.53 yards  

The yardage going out will pick up a bit when I add the borders and make the backing for Allitare.  That should happen in the next two weeks.   

On the time management front, I did a pretty good job of getting  into the sewing room most days this week. 

Days with 15 minutes of stitching time this week:   6 days
Days in May:  6 out of 7
Days this year:  105 out of 128

It's amazing how much gets done even with just 15 minutes a night in the sewing room.  Granted usually it ends up being more than just 15 minutes.  But those short sessions of cutting fabrics, pinning pieces and stitching seams during the week really do add up.  

Wishing you an amazing Mother's Day.  Now I'm off to enjoy mine.  
Linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times for the weekly stash report.  

5 comments:

Kalicocreations said...

Your numbers are looking good Kate! I agree that just a few minutes every day really help keep things moving along. I am going to try to get back in that habit. I started doing that when you were having your 15 minutes a day post. I didn't have a blog then but it helped a bunch!
Terry

Charlene S said...

Our children get us into the greatest things, don't they? Have a great Mother's Day Solo Retreat. I will be in my studio having my own piecing retreat. Happy Mother's Day!

Libby in TN said...

I'm jealous, love Pentatonix. I agree those little bits of sewing add up. I've been doing a lot of trimming and marking at the breakfast bar while waiting for dinner to cook.

Denise :) said...

You are doing such a great job with your time management and getting into the sewing room for 15/day! I need to get back to that -- I was doing so well at the beginning of the year (when it wasn't gorgeous outside and I didn't come home and go out riding around the camp)!! I hope you got to spend your Mother's Day the way you wanted and that it was a HAPPY day!! :)

Dar said...

It won't be love before you have Allitare finished! That is quite a monumental task.