Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WIPS - Twinkle Stars Under Cloudy Skys

It's been one of the rainiest springs we've had in a long time.  Tropical Depression Bill is scheduled to reach us this evening.   We aren't expected to get the highest rainfall amounts here, but it won't take much to push the river that runs through town over it's banks.  We live on high ground so flooding isn't a worry for us.  But if the river gets high enough, it will flood the roads that cross the center of town and the main highway out of town.  Hopefully it won't get that bad.  

With all the rain you'd expect a lot of progress in the sewing room.  Not so much.  Between report deadlines at work and a pretty icky migraine that started late in the weekend, there hasn't been a lot of progress.  I did finish off all the green Twinkle Star blocks last week.  

Twinkle Stars, Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy
Before the green blocks got put away, I pulled out all the other blocks and played a little on the design wall. 


This is quickly becoming one of my favorite scrap projects.  I've made a start on the teal blocks, the color I'm doing as this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color as I've already used light blue.    

Due to some upcoming work and family commitments, there won't be much stitching going on around here.  So there won't be much to post about over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll still have some time to follow up on what every one else has been up too.

I'm linking up with WIPs on Wednesday, WIP Wednesday, and Needle and Thread Thursday.  Check them all out to see lots and lots of eye candy.  

15 comments:

Angie said...

What a treat to see all your Twinkle blocks together - they look wonderful!

Peggyinno said...

You are well on your way to having another amazing quilt done! Love these blocks!

gayle said...

Every time you post those gorgeous stars all gathered together, you tempt me more and more. I've made a sample block.
I'm sooooo close to making this star my next quilt...

Shay said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that flooding wont be an issue where you live. is this kind of weather seasonally unusual. It seems like you're getting as much rain and woeful weather as I am !

LOVE those stars . Im with Gayle- everytime I see their scrappy loveliness a quilt like this marches on step closer to being put on my list!

Katie Z. said...

I love all the combinations! Good luck with the next few weeks, and I hope you're able to sneak in a few minutes here and there.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful Stars Kate!

Kalicocreations said...

Twinkle Stars keeps getting prettier all the time. My son is on his way to Tulsa and stopped at Joplin, MO because of the heavy rains. Hopefully it is not as heavy where you are.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Lord have mercy! This is going to be such an amazing colorful quilt with great design! Congrats!

Esther Aliu said...

What a striking quilt this is going to be, it just shines!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hey! I like your new blog header!!!! Looks fantastic! Summer gets busy....but a good playful busy most the time. Just dropped by to see what ya are up to and say hi!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hey! I like your new blog header!!!! Looks fantastic! Summer gets busy....but a good playful busy most the time. Just dropped by to see what ya are up to and say hi!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your twinkle stars are very sparkly and lovely on the design wall. Your color combinations are really doing the trick. Keep up the good work!

Larri said...

I adore these blocks!
Now I really, really, really want to make a twinkle quilt for myself.
I've been out of touch. Did the rains continue & river crest, or did the waters recede?
Hoping all is well in your world.

Andra Gayle said...

That is a gorgeous quilt!!!!!

make.share.give said...

These blocks get prettier every time I look at them. Love all the bright colors together.